Chapter Fourteen: Capitol Quarter Quell Update

(Jennifer William (Capitol Reporter)'s P.O.V)

"Good morning everyone!" I greet the cameras. "It's been a week since the end of our very exciting first Hunger Games of the year!"
"And man was it exciting!" Andrew exclaims. "We've been taking submissions as to what people think were their favourite part of the games!"
"So Andrew," I grin at my boyfriend slash coworker. "What was your favourite moment in the First Games?"
"Oh, it was definitely Clive killing Shaw," Andrew replies. "It was so unexpected! I thought they were really close!"
I nod. He's right. "Yes, that part was shocking, for everyone I think. Although all four boys are still in the hospital being treated for their time in the arena, Clive has issued a statement of it. He believed that killing Shaw would end the Games and would mean he didn't have to face off against Slate, who was very threatening. However, he had counted wrong, and regrets it immensely."

"And what was your favourite part?" Andrew asks me.
I ponder for a moment before coming up with an answer. "The whole morning of the third day. It was so exciting! Finbar and Slate finding Nick, Isaac and Plugga, Plugga's death, Finbar and Slate breaking up, and Ash finding Nick! It was all so exciting and I didn't know what was going to happen next!"
Andrew chuckles. "Please continue to send your nominations in for your favourite moment of the games and why! You could win a special prize pack to do a visit to a District of your choice!"

"Anyway," I look back at the cameras. "The next games start tomorrow, and man are we excited! The twelve tributes are in the hovercraft right now, on their way to the arena. And we've been told it's a very special arena."
"We can't give away anything," Andrew continues. Technically, we can't give away anything because we don't know anything. "But we've been told it's going to be much more exciting than the first arena and will make for a more interesting dynamic between the tributes."

"Due to the first games ending earlier than expected, the timing for these games have been shuffled around." Andrew informs our viewers. "Instead of starting in the early morning as what was initially proposed, these games will start at four o'clock in the afternoon. So make sure you're ready for when the games start! It's sure to be an exciting one!"

"We're not going to bore you for too long, but we're now going to list out the betting odds for each of the tributes!" Andrew continues. 
I pull out the list of tributes and begin to read through them.
"First up we have Velvet Amboni, District One. She was a Capitol favourite from the get-go, and her score of eight with knives. She's seventeen, and these all point towards a good odds. The only thing that lets her down is that her boyfriend, Jace, was just killed by Ash from District Twelve in the Games. She may have it out for Kaitlyn from Twelve for revenge. Her odds are 6-1"

"Next up is Alana Jalisi, sixteen years old from District Two. Like Velvet,the Capitol loved Alana from the moment she volunteered for her younger sister. But don't let that fool you, she wants to be in these games! She scored amazingly in her private session, scoring a ten, also with knives as her chosen weapons. She has the highest odds of winning, with a 3-1."

"After her we have Electrica Yashar, the thirteen year daughter of the mayor from District Three. She's twelve years old, but that didn't stop her from managing to score a five in her private sessions, specialising in utilising poisons. Her odds to win are 34-1."

"Next is Ariella Sherril, from District Four. Although she's from District Four and is eighteen, Ariella scored a measly two in her private sessions, with a slingshot. Her odds to win are 30-1."

"After her is Vida Amenta from District Five. Like Alana and Velvet, Vida has a lot of sponsors lined up, placing her in a good position. I think we've all been obsessed in the story between her and her boyfriend, Isaac. Vida is twelve years old, and managed to score a seven in her private sessions with a spear. She has pretty decent odds of winning, at 13-1."

"Next up is Daphnie Scorno, from District Six. Daphnie is fourteen and managed to score an impressive eight in her training, once again specialising in knives. She's a twin, with her sister left behind in District Six. Daphnie has sworn that she'd make it out of the arena to reunite with her sister, Elizabeth. She's got quite the number of sponsors as well. Her odds of winning are tied with Vida's, at 13-1."

"After her is Jeanne Vigil. No one knows much about this girl, other than she's eighteen, scored a seven in the training, and is going to be using a bow and arrow. The mystery surrounding her has enticed quite a lot of people to bet on her, and her odds of winning are 8-1."

"Chelsea Walling is from District Eight. It's always a bit odd when someone from one of the outer districts seems excited for the games, but that isn't stopping fifteen year old Chelsea! She was bubbly when she got reaped, bubbly when she was interviewed, and she's made herself to be quite likeable. Her training score was only a five, but with a sickle, who can blame her? Chelsea's odds are 28-1."

"Next up is Alice Overwood from District Nine. Much like Jeanne, Alice is eighteen, however, she scored a six in her private sessions with the use of axes. Remember how she mused that you shouldn't trust anyone in the arena? She's certainly right. Her odds of winning are around 35-1."

Andrew has noticed my throat is getting sore, and takes the sheet off me to finish running through the tributes.

"Next up we have Daisy Kerem, the sweet little thirteen year old girl from District Ten. Daisy is very small, but she insists she makes up for it in smarts. Along with Vida and Isaac, Daisy is one of the biggest cuties of these games! She scored a five in her training with a sickle. She does have the lowest odds of winning, at 48-1."

"Finally, we have fourteen year-old Kaitlyn Natale from District Twelve. Interestingly, Kaitlyn is already related to a victor! Her father is Peeta Mellark, who if you remember won the Hunger Games twenty-six years ago for the seventy-fourth Hunger Games. Her mother is Primrose Everdeen, who's sister was also in the same Hunger Games - we all remember Katniss Everdeen, right? Much like Katniss, Kaitlyn scored an eleven in her private session, for her skills with spears. Her odds of winning are considerably high, around 7-1."

"Okay," I smile, relieved that the list is through. "That sums up our tributes going into these games! Less than twenty-four hours until the games begin. Get your popcorn ready!"

~~

A.N: Sorry for the filler chapter guys! I just needed a break from writing actual Games content because I feel it'd be a bit jarring if we just jumped from one games into another. But don't worry, next chapter is the bloodbath! And woo is it excITING!

I'm gonna kill off some chaaaaaaaaaaaracters

Also because I've been doing pretty hefty chapters, next chapter is going to have the buildup to the arena, the bloodbath AND the rest of Day One. Don't worry it's pretty entertaining.