Chapter Six: The Private Sessions Part One

(Oragin Falervee's (Head Gamemaker) P.O.V)
I grin, and turn to my fellow gamemakers. Time for day one of Private Sessions! I clip on my Head Gamemaker pin, and then sit down in an armchair. I grab the speaker, as all the other gamemakers sit down, and say into it. "Velvet, Amboni, District One". The girl walks in, and I tell her to start.
Velvet picks up a knife straight away, and heads towards the axes' moving targets area. She presses the button to start, and the targets start running, at twenty kilometres an hour. She throws, and hits one, in the heart. It stops moving. Velvet then throws a knife over her shoulder, and on underneath it. The both hit two different targets, one in the head, one in the heart. Those two targets stop. Velvet then picks up six different knives, and throws them like shurrikens. Six different targets stop. The last dummy starts wheeling around the room, almost impossible to see. Velvet closes her eyes, throws the knife, and hits the edge of the target's head. She grunts with dissatisfaction, and I say into the microphone, "Nice Velvet, You may go now". Velvet storms out of the room, annoyed.

Now, it's time for the District One boy, Jace Niklace. He comes into the room. I tell him he may start. He lets five birds that were being kept in a cage for targets free, and they fly around the room. He then picks up one single axe, and waits, and waits, and waits. Just when I'm starting to get bored, Jace throws, and the axe impales all five flying birds in the same throw. We clap and cheer, and then I say "Well done Jace, you can leave now". Jace smiles, and walks off happily.

"Alana Jalisi, District Two!". The girl for District Two walks in, and gives us a devilish smile. "Ready when you are" She then goes over to the knives section, and picks up a small ball, the size of a small chocolate. She then picks up twenty more, grabs a sheath of knifes, throws the balls up in the air. She then fires knives at them, reloading and reloading from her sheath rapidly. By the time the balls hit the ground, all twenty-one of them have been split in half straight down the middle. Alana then picks up a knife, throws it, and it plunges into the metal wall, all the way across the other side of the room. She smiles, and I say "Impressive work, Alana. You many now leave".

"Slate Medoff, District Two!". The boy for District Two walks in, and grabs a sword. He then walks to the ambush section. "You may start". He presses the buzzer, and the wooden mannequins close in around him. Slate spins and spins, splitting the mannequins into two. He leaves six left, and then cuts one of the mannequins 'skull' in half. Then, he sticks the sword into another mannequins 'stomach' He then cuts two legs off cleanly, and dices the last two mannequins into little peices. "Well done Slate! If you will please leave"

"Electrica, Yashar". The girl walks in, and I tell her to start. She then walks to the poisons section, and works with the poisons. She picks up a small golden raspberry.
"This," she says. "Is a a godleshap. If you eat it, you will turn into one, then burst. Can I please have an example. Don't worry, I know the antidote"
We give her a nervous avox boy. She places the berry into his mouth, and instantly, he turns golden. Except, it doesn't look like a pretty colour that it did look like a few moments ago. It looks deadly. The the boy screams in pain. Well, tries to, he can't because of his missing tongue. It comes out like a distorted honk. The top-left part of his head swells up, like a bit of berry. Then the top-right part swells up. We watch in horror and disgust as his clothes fall off, and he turns into a giant golden raspberry.
"Now," Electrica says. "If I kept him like this for a few hours, these little 'berries' would burst. But, I'm going to give him the antidote" She holds out a brown raspberry. She then proceeds to open the berry's mouth. That's when one of the berries burst. Electrica shrieks, and jumps back, covered in glowing golden berry juice, and blood. The next berry burst, then the next. "That's not right!" she shrieks. "It's meant to take a few hours!". Another berry bursts.
"Sorry, we forgot to tell you, these poisons have been sped up, so that we have a full example" I smile maliciously.
"Well that's a bit - I mean, you could have told me!"
"But then we wouldn't have seen what type of death it gives" I reply.
The last berry of the boy bursts, and we call in another avox to clean up the juice and blood off the floor.
"Well, thankyou Electrica. We won't keep you for any longer". But she has already left. I laugh, so does the others, and I take a sip of wine. This year, we have promised to not get drunk, so as to give a fair advantage, which means there are no refills. How disappointing.