Chapter 2: Struggle From Within

C assandra now looked up at the card in the air and jumped up towards it

C assandra now looked up at the card in the air and jumped up towards it. "You can do this! Focus and win!!" Cassandra thought while reaching out to the card, letting the light which came from the card completely engulf her body. The card activated itself as soon as she did that. A yellow glow emerged from the card, then the card near Kaito's face-down flame Focus card began to have the same yellow glow as well.

"What's she up to?" Kaito thought as he kept running towards her. The yellow glow of the first card eventually surrounded her body and absorbed her whole body into a yellow like black hole.

Cassandra along with the card and the yellow glow instantly disappeared. Kaito stopped running. "What!?" His heart was pounding in his chest. "Where did she...?" Kaito couldn't believe she just pulled that off so quickly. She was gone.

He turns his head to the left and looks to his right. All he can see is people cheering and screaming in excitement in the stands.

"Wait a minute." Kaito tried to think what kind of card she had just activated. "OH NO!! That was probably a... TELEPORTATION CARD! That means..." Kaito slowly turned his whole body and looked towards his Focus card. "NO WAY!!" Kaito's jaw drops and his eyes widens as he yells out.

He saw Cassandra standing casually next to his Focus card.

"Are you looking for me Kaito? Was I going too fast for you to keep up.?" Cassandra was now was smiling.

"Aghh, I should have known you'd use a teleportation card!" Kaito points to her in frustration. "I'm such an idiot! And I knew this whole time that's your special move."

"Ahhhahhh!" Cassandra yelled out with all her might as she uses her lightning attack to destroy Kaito's Focus card. Kaito saw all that as if it was all happening in slow motion.

"NOOOO DON'T!" Kaito couldn't do a thing to stop her. He reaches out his right arm in desperation.

He didn't have the speed to get to the other side of the stadium to counter her attack and save his Focus card. The boost in energy could have gave him an edge in the match but now that was gone.

In one clean motion Cassandra struck Kaito's Focus card with her lightning attack. The Focus card disintegrated into nothingness.

Kaito's flame card that was in his hand also disintegrated along with it because both cards were linked together so that he could perform his attack.

His big strategy now reemerged in his discard pile.

Cassandra's lightning card was out of energy so it also disintegrates from her hand and just like Kaito's cards, her card rematerializes in a slot on the left side of her waist, this was her discard pile. Once a fighter's card is destroyed or runs out of energy the card sends itself to the fighters discard slot.

"So much for your flame attack Kaito. You won't be using that against me any time soon." Cassandra examines the scoreboard and reassures herself that she can finish off the match successfully.