Chapter 6: Down, But Not Out

As Cassidy passes the center rings, she drops on the ground a Focus card and places the Raging Rivers water card in her right hand

Devin panics as he desperately looks for a card in his hand to use as she runs towards him at full speed.

"Whoa, what is that girl doing?" Ace asks himself out loud. He couldn't believe what a huge risk Cassidy was taking running straight to Devin without even studying her drawn cards.

Devin at the last second decides to activate a defense shield as Cassidy strikes head on with her Raging Rivers water card. Water bursts all over the place bouncing off the shield. Devin's shield starts to lose energy as she pushes her card forward onto his shield. Both Devin's shield and Cassidy's water card clash with incredible force. Devin however, was glad that he avoided that attack but he was still pretty much shocked of how she decided to start the match off.

"Ha, you have a lot of nerve scaring me like that. Who in the world taught you how to fight that way anyways?" As Devin held his shield card out, he realized that she wasn't going to answer any of his questions. Cassidy was clearly focused on the task at hand. He was able to see it in her face. His shield blocking her attack wasn't even a surprise to her.

Between the intensity of her water card against Devin's shield, the sheer power between both cards ends up pushing Cassidy back a bit. But the defensive shield card being used against her didn't faze her one bit. She activates another card. Suddenly she equips the majestic looking Gyga Magnum Sword in her hand. The sword glowed a solid white color. She runs up to the shield and proceeds to shatter it easily with one powerful slash. "Ahhhahhhhhh!" The shattering of the shield pushes Devin back, making him fall to the ground.

The Gyga Magnum Sword then disappears from Cassidy's hand. The card de-materializes and sends itself to her discard pile.

"It's a good thing that stupid sword can only remain in your hand for one blow only. Once you use it up, it's gone." Although Devin was on the ground and his shield was shattered he was still smiling.

Cassidy quickly places her last card into her discard slot by force. Devin sees this and he becomes a bit concerned. With a bit of confusion on his face, he remembers that he needs to act quickly now that his shield was down. He chooses an electric attack card, Electric Spheres, and shoots two electric energy balls out of the card. One electric ball flew towards Cassidy, while the other went to her dropped Focus card.

The Focus card is instantly destroyed shattering into millions of pieces by the electric attack. Due to the Focus card being destroyed, Cassidy's Raging Rivers water card went along with it. The second electric ball flies fast towards Cassidy. She jumps to her right to avoid it. Although she managed to get away within inches of the attack, she still got hit with some of the electric balls energy, damaging her armor.

"Decca Armor health at NINTYFIVE percent." She heard her armor say her status in a robotic like voice.

Both players deck now began to glow. It was time to draw. They both proceed to draw cards to replenish their hand. Cassidy now charges forward towards Devin again. While she ran, she takes a quick glance at her new cards. Devin now takes the time to get himself up from the ground.