Chapter 8: No Calm Before the Storm

Cassandra grabbed her light jacket and headed out after eating her meal

Cassandra grabbed her light jacket and headed out after eating her meal. She had almost forgotten to get her digital sunglasses so that no one in public would recognize her and try to approach her. She remembers that it has happened before in the past. She set her digital sunglasses to outdoor mode and proceeded to exit her home.

Her house door slides open and Cassandra says a command to Debbie to arm their alarm system since no one would be home. When she stepped out, she could see the artificial Sun in the sky. It was a beautiful day. It was common knowledge of course, everyone on Saturn knew that the weather and every element to do with the weather was simulated so it had an earth-like feeling to it. The weather was just one out of many things that the Saturn world controlled and monitored. Things of that nature, every day, is taken for granted by the people of Saturn. They trust that the Saturn government maintains and monitors those kinds of things in a safe and orderly fashion for the good of all the people. Each of the four colonies individually enjoys pleasant randomized weather patterns.

Cassandra decided to take the public transportation to get to her destination. Over the holo-call she had with Sarafina, she had explained to her to get in contact with Daru and meet her at the Omnium Shopping Center. There, they would get together, walk around a bit, and head to the augmented interactive reality movie theater, also known as the A.I.R. Movie Theater.

The Omnium Shopping Center is a large out door complex that has many stores in which people could shop from. At the center of it all, was a lush beautiful garden people could walk through and enjoy. It's an area in the Solar Colony where people go to enjoy themselves, shop, and socialize.

Cassandra breathed in deep to fill up her lungs with fresh air. For once in a long while she felt calm and at peace. She had nothing she needed to worry about.

She proceeded to walk two blocks from her house to wait at a bus stop. Cassandra looked at her cellphone a bit as she walked to the bus stop. She suddenly got a text message from an endorsement deal she had within the whole Decca Tournament.

She read the message as she walked along. "Oh great. One of my endorsement deals decided to drop me because of my crazy loss in the tournament."

Cassandra didn't want to dwell on it at all. She quickly deleted the text message after she had read it and put all that in the back of her mind. She didn't want anything to spoil her day.

When Cassandra got to the bus stop, she could see that other people we're there waiting as well. She could hear people whispering the word terrorist in their conversations but she tried her best not to listen. Minutes later a large hover bus dropped from the sky and landed near her. Once Cassandra saw that the doors had opened up, she proceeded to walk right in. All the other passengers waiting as well, walked right in too. She scanned her cellphone on a console near the bus driver. Once all its passengers had sat down, the bus lifted itself in the air and took off to its next destination.