Ch. Fourteen

(Lindsay's POV)

(Lindsay's POV)

I woke up the next morning with the sounds of the boys downstairs. Laughing and yelling over food that my mom was making.

I sighed and sat up, feeling incredibly awful about the fight with Luke. He's just trying to protect me and I am lucky that I have somebody in my life that cares so much. This was all my fault. Great.

I trudged out of bed and texted Ariana, inviting her over for breakfast which she said she'd be right over. I got dressed in jean shorts that cut off right above my knee and a Ke$ha concert tee after taking a shower and fixing my hair. 

When I got downstairs and into the kitchen, I saw Adam and Jack fighting over a pancake at the bar and Luke watching them until he saw me walk in. His eyes set on me and he waited for me to say something.

Before I could speak, my feet started carrying me across the kitchen as I ran. I ran into Luke's arms and dug my face into his shoulder and he hugged me back, which gave me a sigh of relief.

"I'm sorry." I whispered into his shoulder.

"Me too." He whispered back, pulling away.

And that was that, we were back to normal. I sat down next to him as Adam and Jack didn't give up their war for the pancake.

"Hey, mom," I called to my mother who was working her magic at the oven. "Make some more, please. Ariana is coming over."

She nodded. "Sure."

Luke started profusely choking in the seat next to me on the drink of orange juice that he had in his mouth for a minute. I patted him on the back with force and smirked a bit.

"She's coming over now?" He croaked, his face red from both choking and the thought of Ariana.

I chuckled. "Yeah. Don't worry, you look fine. Ish." I said, leaning forward and fixing his bed hair as much as I could. "Clean the syrup off your face, you look like a pig."

"Hey!" Adam and Jack snapped, both turning towards me with syrup covering the bottom halves of their faces.

I burst out laughing. "Like I said. You look like pigs."

As they were wiping their faces clean, the back door swung open and Ariana walked in with a small smile. "Hey, Lindsay." She chirped, pausing and her face filling with shock and a surprisingly bright shade of red as her eyes landed on Luke. "Oh, uhm, hi... Luke." She sputtered.

"Gee, hi to you too, sis." Adam muttered.

She rolled her eyes, breaking out of her daze and sitting on the other side of me at the bar as my mom handed us plates stacked with pancakes.

"Good morning, Ariana." She chirped.

"Good morning, Miss. Wilson. Thanks for breakfast." She said timidly.

"Okay, gotta go to work. I'll catch ya later." Jack called, hurrying towards the back door and after thanking my mom for breakfast, he was out the door.

"Where are the kids?" Adam asked Ariana.

"Alec's at therapy, the twins went to Jay's house, Arial's at Maddy's, and Abbey is at the house with Sara. Chill." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Well, I have laundry to do. Behave." My mom said as she left the kitchen and disappeared upstairs.

I noticed Luke giving her side glanced silently and Ariana also spared a few looks towards Luke. When I caught on, I smirked.

"So when were you guys going to tell me that you kissed?" I asked, nonchalantly and taking a bite of my buttered pancakes.

I heard Ariana gasp on one side of me and Luke glare at me on the other side. Then Adam snickering.