Ch. Twenty- Three

I woke up to Luke snoring on my ear.  I rolled my eyes and turned onto my back, looking up at the ceiling.

Of course, I forgot that Luke was a light sleeper, so his eyes fluttered open and he looked over at me.

"Hey." He said in a tired voice.

"Hey." I choked. Last night, we didn't really talk. I just cried myself to sleep. And for some reason, I just wanted to cry again, but I held it in. "You didn't have to stay with me." I choked.

"It's okay. I don't mind." He said softly, laying on his back as well.

"I'm sorry that I ran off." I whimpered.

"Linds, don't worry about it." He said, pulling me closer so that I rested my head on his chest. 

"So who gave him the split lip?" I asked gently.

"You've talked to him?" Luke asked, tensing up.

"No, not really. I ran into him last night, coming back to the house."

"What'd he say?"

"I ran away before he could say anything." I said quietly, sitting up in the bed and leaning against the backboard. "Luke, I'm sorry." I whispered.

He sat up with me and I laid my head on his shoulder. "Sorry for what, Linds?"

"You told me not to get close to him. You warned me but I didn't listen and you were right. But now you're here, spending the night with me instead of Ariana, even though you told me to be careful. You shouldn't have to do this and it's all my fault. I shouldn't have been so freaking stupid." I said as tears started falling down my face.

He chuckled and started patting my back soothingly. "Lindsay, you are a lot of things. But stupid is not one of them."

"But-"

"Lindsay." He said sternly. "You aren't stupid. You're just new to the whole teenage thing. Getting your heart broken is just part of being a teenager. You'll get through this."

I sighed, wiping the last of the tears from my face and standing up from the bed. "It doesn't feel like it."

"Where are you going?" He asked.

I looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was nine in the morning. "I'm going to go on a walk." I said quietly. "Clear my mind."

"Alone? Are you sure?" He asked, standing to his feet too.

"Yeah. You should spend some time with your girlfriend, anyway."

"W-what?" He stammered.

I looked at him with a knowing smile. "You can't hide things from me, Luke Wilson."

His face turned bright red and he looked away from me. "Well, I'm going downstairs so you can change. I think Jack made pancakes so I'll get you some." He said, walking towards the door.

"Okay." I sighed. "Oh, and Luke?"

He turned around to face me.

I smiled a little smile. "Thanks."

He matched my smile. "Of course." And then he was gone.

I got dressed in short jean shorts and a pink hoodie with flip flops before going downstairs. I checked myself in the mirror and saw that I looked awful. The bags under my eyes were impossible to hide and my eyes were surrounded in red circles of puffiness.

I stopped in the door way of the kitchen when I saw Adam sitting at the table next to Jack. He looked just as horrible as I felt. Heavy bags under his eyes and his hair mangled more than it usually was. Luckily, Brooke and Amber were no where to be seen.