Fists and Teeth (Kaiba x Joey) (Puppyshipping)

"What was that?! You come an' say that to my face Kaiba!"

The shout sliced through the field electrically, sparks practically flying from the mouth of the incensed blond. The duel disk on his arm was still extended, warm and heavy feeling from his recent defeat. Across the virtual playing ground, Seto Kaiba sneered openly.

"I called you a grovelling mutt, Wheeler. Did you need me to say it a little slower so your plebian mind could comprehend me better? I did read that dogs can learn up to 6,000 words but that could have been wrong."

"I'm not a dog!" Joey grit his teeth, biting back an angry growl that he knew would only drive the corporate brat's words home harder. "And I ain't grovellin' to nobody! I don't need your stinkin' pity!"

"Don't you?" Seto advanced some few steps, slipping his deck from the sheath in the duel disk into one of the pockets of his expansive coat. "If it weren't for the pity of your so-called best friends carrying you through tournaments, you'd never have gotten so far. In fact, I'd be willing to put money on saying they've carried you through life as well, and not just duels."

"That's not true Kaiba and you know it!" Yugi rebutted earnestly, only to have his friend nearly turn on him.

"Stay outta this Yug! This is between me and him!"

"But Joey--"

"No Yug. I've gone all this time with your help, this is somethin' I gotta do on my own." Joey took a step forward, fists clenched at his side. "I gotta show this jerk that I'm not some dog who needs to be put in his place, and if that means I hafta beat it into him so be it."

The corporate air merely laughed once, something like a dry cough and a burst of air, beginning to walk further forward to close the gap between the two of them. "Sounds just like a mutt to resort to physical violence to prove his pitiful point."

"That's not true Kaiba and you know it!" Yugi rebutted earnestly, only to have his friend nearly turn on him.

"Stay outta this Yug! This is between me and him!"

"But Joey--"

"No Yug. I've gone all this time with your help, this is somethin' I gotta do on my own." Joey took a step forward, fists clenched at his side. "I gotta show this jerk that I'm not some dog who needs to be put in his place, and if that means I hafta beat it into him so be it."

The corporate air merely laughed once, something like a dry cough and a burst of air, beginning to walk further forward to close the gap between the two of them. "Sounds just like a mutt to resort to physical violence to prove his pitiful point."

"I've told you to stop calling me mutt!" This time the growl ground its way through Joey's clenched teeth, and he all but tossed his disk to the ground in ire before advancing further once more. His temper was clearly in his head, coloring his cheeks and narrowing his eyes.

"Or what? You'll bite?" Seto glared hard down his nose at the shorter man as they stopped nearly chest to chest, toe to toe. He easily dominated Joey in terms of height and broadness, but the blond seemed to have him beat in gumption if nothing else.

"And get whatever disease you've got? Not likely," he clapped back tightly, spine stiff. It was just like Kaiba to treat him like he was less than human. The stuck up prick did it every time Joey did so much as flinch in his general direction. Losing a duel as spectacularly as he had was only fuel on an ever-growing bonfire for him.

"I'd'a mopped the floor with you if you didn't insist on using your crummy technology all the time. I bet your gear is rigged!"

Seto scoffed indifferently, eyes flashing with malice. "Tough talk coming from someone who can't even protect his blind kitten of a little sister."

Joey stopped dead, eyes widening as his fists stopped their shaking. "What the hell did you just say...?"

"I was saying it's no wonder she's never around. I wouldn't want to be seen around such a pitiful brat either. You couldn't protect her from walking into a wall let alone real problems."

"Kaiba that's way too far!" Yugi's panicked voice barely cut through the sudden shout from his best friend.

"Who the hell do you think you are!!"

Seto ignored the words yelled directly into his face, smirking coldly as he barrelled on. "I suppose you're a real walking definition of the blind leading the blind."

With a noise akin roar, Joey threw a violent right hook toward Seto's face, eyes filled with genuine rage. But the corporate heir had seen this coming from far off; he had intentionally been the catalyst to it after all.

He caught Joey's wrist with a small tsk in the back of his throat, clutching it tightly enough to bruise. His smirk was gone, leaving nothing but a frigid expanse of emotionless steel across his expression.

"Let me go you asshole!" Joey struggled against the grip, becoming angrier and more predictable. He tried to throw another hit with his other hand, but Seto caught that wrist as well, and suddenly there was nearly nothing the blond could do but shout. He'd gone in too hot and too unprepared and his stance was too wide to try to kick without upsetting his own balance.

"You couldn't lead your sister out of a paper bag, let alone save her if you had to. Maybe you should go back home and play maid instead."

Hot in the face, ego bruised, and indignantly outraged, Joey bit back in the only way he knew would get to the other man. "That's hot shit coming from someone who can never protect his little brother enough--Hueg!"

Seto's knee collided violently with Joey's abdomen, air punched from his lungs and saliva from his mouth, the words on his tongue along with them. The blond's entire body sagged as strength left him, and though he was winded and in immense pain, it didn't keep a smirk from climbing onto his lips.

"I think I struck a cord there Kaiba--" He could only make a pained noise when the heel of Kaiba's boot collided with his chest and kicked him back as the latter let go of both wrists, sending him roughly to the ground.

"Joey!!" Yugi's shout echoed dully through the playing field as he began to race forward, face pale with fright. "You've gone way too far this time Kaiba!"

Seto's eyes narrowed in clear distaste as he righted himself, pulling the two sides of his jacket tightly to straighten it against his back. "Keep your mutt on a leash next time," he snapped, turning on his heel and walking away from the crumpled blond and his companion. As he crossed where Joey had discarded his duel disk, he kicked it out of his way, cracking the alloy and bending the arm.

Without another word, he walked off the field toward the dull sound of rotary helicopter blades, leaving Joey behind to pick up his own pieces.