1:3

Emersyn Mae Culper, POV.

Some Apartment within close range of the Columbia Campus; New York, USA.

"You are so fucking extra-Did you see his face?! Oh my fucking god, I fucking died!", Mara's voice full of laughter and amusement echoes throughout the rental car. Alongside with everyone's sound of agreement.

"Damn Mae! Those lessons did come in handy! See? I'm a fucking genius!", Was Anna's reply.

"Remind me to never be on your bad side", Commented Namie, whilst chuckling slightly.

The teasing continued for another few minutes, along with side-topics but ultimately as much as the action replaced my internal pain for a slight moment; I couldn't hold it in anymore. I had to tell them-

"Guys, he had sex with Liz", the silence that followed after didn't last long before I felt myself being engulfed by Namie since Anna was too busy driving and Mara sat at the front.

"Somebody hold my earrings while I castrate this man-", I listen as I hear ruffling at the front.

"Mara, don't worry! At least try to keep your earrings on for the whole night please, before you send us on another earring hunt. It's nothing I've dealt with. It just sucks that I've fallen for a man that's having sex with my younger sister", I murmur still not letting go of Namie. 

Remembering when Mara had gotten into a heated argument with an ex-boyfriend of hers, telling a complete stranger to hold her earrings, before coming to our apartment and whining about them, sending us all on a hunt to find them. Turns out that the kid was a tourist and was only visiting. So the likelihood of getting them back was very unlikely. When Mara found out, she was devastated, she wouldn't shut up about them for two-fricken-weeks. Until that is, Namie bought her some similar ones.

"He's an asshole anyway", commented Mara.

"Mara, you think every guy is an asshole except for the ones that hit on you", comments Anna, chuckling, the rest of us let out a half-snort-chuckle.

"Hey, not my fault they have good taste in women", she says with a gesture I see to be as flicking her hair over her shoulder before posing.

"Girls, I-I don't know how long I can keep hiding this. I think I'm going to have to tell him soon", I say with everything I have left. Though so much has happened, my mind has only been occupied with what felt like meant everything to me. And for once, in the past 2-3 years of loving him, I've realized I might be better off if I actually tell him how I may feel because knowing somewhat of response at least it'll give me no other choice but to forget him.

The girls (attempted) to give me looks of sympathy as well as some of them mixed with support.

Amidst my thoughts, the vibration of my phone and constant shrill of the ringtone rang throughout the car. Instantly reaching for it, I notice it's a call from them.

"Yeah?", I inquire, wondering about the responsibility he's about to set for us.

"I have another name", his deep, raspy voice rang in my ears.

"What's the connection?", I question instantly interested. Instantly distancing myself from Namie, I sit up. Catching the attention of the girls.

"This time it is different, to another kind of level. We have several connections attached to this person however what we know is vital and cannot be explained over the phone, I need you to come over soon. I'll send you a text, see you then", Without as much as a further word, the constant beep rings in my ear.