1:2

Emersyn Mae Culper, POV.

Columbia University; New York, USA.

After the short encounter, I sat by the cafe for an hour longer than intended. Just thinking about what could be a possibility for me to do if I intend on leaving university earlier and moving somewhere big and grand. Taking my spare notebook out from my bag and a pen, I start to write down ideas of where to go, how long etc.

In the meantime, I had chosen to buy myself a hot chocolate, just to preoccupy myself. The smell of coffee beans and various heated food were brought to life in my nose. The various scents gave me a comfort, the kind I hadn't gained in a such a long time. Looking up from my notebook, I take note of the changes in season, slowly watching as an orange-red leaf falls from the branch, as the invisible dance of the wind touches other leaves that automatically fall. The quiet-

"Bitch! You would not believe the day I've had! The professor-"

So much for quiet.

"Had the audacity to give us an assessment that's worth fifteen pages?! How fucking annoying, son of a bit-"

One of my best friends froze as she made eye to eye contact with a man that caught her eye. Noticing her stare, he smiles at her before giving her a wink. I look back to my best friend, Amara Stoermer (or Mara, to us). She is known to be the crazy, risk-taker, frankly immature and big flirt within our small group. She's known to be the best party buddy or more like (in men's words) best girl to sleep with. Though she does have her ways with men, she still has enough dignity to know when to not cross the line- Her fun and vibrant attitude brings the group together, with a touch of occasional men (friends of hers, she says) to come and give us entertainment. She's always wanted to be apart of the entertainment industry, regardless of what it is. 

Watching her with a smirk, I watch as she turns back looking at me, mid-bite of her lips. Turning away, she gives me her signature 'He's hot' face, leaning closer to give me a comment, as usual.

"Guess who's gonna get dick tonight?", She says sticking out her tongue afterwards. Making me laugh. Sticking her hand out to me, to high-five, our own signal whether I or any of the other girls give her permission to go; I lean in bringing my hand to cover what I say as I whisper-

"Wear protection & be careful", before high-fiving her hand. Watching as she cleans herself up. Dropping her bag at the table, she re-adjusts her tight (and I mean tight) skirt -the kind that is also really short, to the point of being just below her buttocks- before fluffing her hair a bit before going over to him and wooing him with her magic.

I laugh, before hearing the cafe bell ring as another customer enters, only to realize it's another one of my best friends, Nameille Landis (Namie, for short). She's the talented one in our group, a dancer, singer and in the early beginnings of her acting career. She's amazing and quite the goody-two-shoes in our group. She's also the youngest but that never stops her from doing what none of us has done yet. She's such an inspiration to all of us and she's the little sister of our whole group.

"Hey, girl! Where is everyone? Were you here long?", Her sweet and innocent voice wakes me up from my thoughts. As she does that two-kiss-on-each-cheek, thing.

"Hey, babe! I just arrived over an hour ago, then Mara came and joined me but right now she's a little occupied", pointing over to where she remains, only this time she's on his lap leaning down to kiss him. My god, my eyes.

Namie laughs. Before sitting herself on the chair next to me. All we're missing is-

"What the fuck, am I seeing? Why the fuck is Mara- I'm not even going to begin", Speaking of the devil, my last best friend approaches, Anna-Hope Hall or simply, Anna, takes a seat across from me and Namie.

Anna is what most people would call a bad-ass. She was taught how to box, do taekwondo, kickbox and karate, at a young age. Did I mention that she's also great with guns? She hits a bullseye every single time. She's also been accepted into the CIA at the age of eighteen and ever since then, she's been in and out of countries serving various countries. Doing only small and short missions, she's also the woman everyone would love to be friends with, though she seems intimidating and tough, she's the biggest mom in our group.

Whereas I am working towards the business industry, hoping to own a company of my own one day. A simple dream with a competitive path.

Namie and I laugh. This was our small family.

"So girls what did you get up to today?", I asked hoping to distract myself from my internal pain. In the midst of Anna's story, the sound of Mara's voice erupts the place. Catching our attention-

"You fucking asshole, you better hope I don't beat your ass!", There we see Mara with a drink in hand, officially off the stranger. She starts to lift her hand to her face, making me question her before starting to reach for her earrings. Her face angrier than ever- Oh god.

"I'm giving you a five-second head start, motherfucker"

I hear a screeching from our table, only to realize that it's Anna getting up from her chair. The sound of her chair scratching the wooden floor catches our attention. She's cracking her knuckles before looking at us with a head gesture. Namie looks between me and Anna, before matching Anna's smirk herself, glancing at me and leaning back in her chair with her arms crossed. I allow a mischievous smile to crack my face before getting up and walking over with Anna.

"Do we have a problem here?", I ask confidently. Standing in between the man and my best friend.

"Your friend here is a fucking bitch! I offered her money for two nights and she fuckin' slapped me, the audacity of this whore", the man whines.

Making me stare absolutely disgusted with this man's foul mouth. I pretend to smile before slithering my hands up from his arms to his head, leaning my head towards him and dropping the expression before I bring my head to the bridge of his nose; hearing the satisfying crack, I let out an amused smirk watching as he stumbles around before walking ahead and performing a small backflip, in the midst; capturing his head between my thighs. In less than a second, I land back on the floor, with the strangers head hitting the floor first. So focused on this asshole, I didn't notice that his 'friends' had started to get up from their seats. However, I resumed into a stance and glared at them; hard.

Anna gave me a flick of her wrist, notifying me she'll handle them. Bending down to his level, I whisper-yell-

"Listen here mother fucker, if a woman says no, what she means is no. Got it? If you have a problem, I don't have a problem with helping you meet the devil", Not waiting for a reply, I knock him out completely.

I turn back to Anna, only to hear something along the lines of 'don't even think about it', I watch as both my best friends smirk at me before grabbing our stuff, ignoring the lingering stares and murmurs, we all leave, laughing and smirking. Ignoring the yells of the manager, we continue making our way to the parking.

~*~

Hey, coconuts! How are you? Originally, I would have placed cast members from real life, as characters in the book but then it occurred to me- That defeats the purpose of it all, in my opinion, towards the idea of fiction. SO; imagine them as you please. 

QOTD: Have you ever punched someone? And why? 

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

Thank you for reading this chapter, it means a lot.

Love, Axlise.