Chapter 10: Grace & Mercy

Flashback.....
Brandon
"So your total will be 209.56" I thought I heard wrong but I couldn't I was actually in this store on Valentine's Day buying flowers and candy for a woman who wasn't even mine. I hesitated pulling my wallet out but I knew she was worth it.
"She must be special" the female cashier said as I swiped my card.
"Yeah she is." I said taking the huge bouquet of white roses. Everything was packed so nice it shocked me. I got in my car grabbing a pen. I had to do one more thing.
   Dear Andrea,
I know you not my girl but I just want you to know that I see you. Your beautiful and worth more than someone making you cry. Maybe we can go out and I can show you how a real man treat a woman like you. I left my number on the back. No pressure. Happy Valentines Day Gorgeous.
              From, Brandon
"Man I hope she like it" I said to myself. Ever since I saw Andrea 3 years ago I was feeling her. Yeah she ain't give me no play but I was a very patient man. They say good things come to those who wait right?

Andrea
"Stacey why isn't he answering my calls?" I checked my phone every minute for this new guy I gave my number to last week. He was super attractive and had a nice bank account. I was actually feeling him.
"Girl idk what you see in him. Hasn't he blown off 2 dates with you already?" Stacey was definitely not a fan.
"He was busy. I told you his job keeps him on the go." I said as I saw her roll her eyes.
"What Stacey?" I said as she gave this look.
"Dre you know I love you but he's playing you. You don't go out and he barely answers your calls or texts. I'm telling you something ain't right" she said as I sucked my teeth. She was not making my day any better with her negative attitude about my personal life.
"Oh there you go. Something always has to be wrong with the men I talk to huh" I said as she didn't even blink.
"Hey you said it not me" she said as I sighed. Maybe she was right. Just maybe but Eric was definitely feeling me. Right.
"Stacey you hate every man I talk to so what do you know" I said as I saw the one of the front desk clerk coming towards us with this huge bouquet of white roses. I was infatuated with white roses. Since I was little I loved them. Whoever brought those must really like someone. A lot!
"Special delivery" James said as I followed his hands. I hoped they were mines. And sure enough he placed the gently in front of me.
"Ms. Andrea someone left these by the front for you. It's beautiful" he said as I jumped on the inside.
"Thanks sweetie" I said as he walked away. I turned my head grinning at Stacey. "Well what were you saying about how I pick the wrong men" I said gloating making her eat her own words. I knew I was right about Eric.
"If I'm wrong. I'm wrong" she said taking the card reading it. I saw her face make this weird expression. 
"What? Read it!" I said wanting to know what Eric said.
"How about you read it miss thang" she said smiling as I frowned my face up. What was going on? I took the card reading it as I smiled.....at first. Once I got to that bottom line I was utterly disappointed.
"Seriously" I said as Stacey got a good laugh.
"I'm never wrong" she said as I saw those flowers just fade in my mind. "Now I like Brandon for you. I told you he's sweet" she said as I tossed that card right in the trash. Brandon worked in the kitchen and was no where near my rador. Not now. Not never.
"Girlllll I wish you stop. I thought these were from a real man" I said over it.
"Now Dre that's not nice" she said not liking when I put him down.
"I'm sorry but I'll pass" I said as I grabbed my phone. "I'm going to lunch" I said to her as I got myself together. Maybe Eric would call.
"You're not going to take your flowers?" She said as I walked off.
"You can have them" I said as I got on the elevator. Yet another Valentine's Day down the drain.

End of flashback.........

Andrea
I jumped out my sleep waking up out of my dream. I turned over and wished Brandon was with me. He had to work late and ended up going home because he didn't want to wake me up.
Me: hey baby I know you sleeping but I just want to say I love you very much. Your my soulmate and I couldn't imagine my life without you handsome. I can't wait to see you tomorrow. Night.
I hit the send button on my phone as I laid it on the night stand. It was Valentine's Day tomorrow and Brandon was on my mind heavy. On one hand I was excited we were going to be together to celebrate for the first time but on the other I couldn't couldn't get our past Valentine's Day out my head. I wasn't the nicest person. I got out of bed and did what my mother taught me how to do best. Pray.
"Dear Heavenly Father, thanking you for blessing me with the most loving, faithful, caring man of God I could ever find. Lord I know I don't deserve Brandon but you still found it fit for him to love me even with all my flaws. I ask that you keep him safe and keep him close to you. Lord I really love this man so teach me how to be kind and grateful. In Jesus name I pray. Amen" I said as I got back in bed. It wasn't a day that went by that I didn't  show my gratitude for Brandon. God had definitely blessed me. And I was going to not only tell him but show him by my actions. All I could think about was him as I drifted back to sleep. Tomorrow couldn't come fast enough.