Chapter 11: Talk That Talk

Andrea

It was about 3 in the morning when I woke up tossing in my sleep. I didn't feel Brandon next to me which was how we fell asleep. I sat up and looked into the bathroom but the lights were off and no Brandon. I took a deep sigh knowing he probably went to clear his head or maybe he needed some space from me. I just gave him pretty big news and I had to allow him to process it.
"I hope we didn't scare daddy off" I said smiling rubbing my stomach. Ever since I found out I was pregnant I couldn't keep my hands off it. It felt firmer than normal and just the thought that my baby could hear me made me feel like a complete different person I was already in love.
"Mommy will never let you go precious" I said meaning it. This was my second chance. I loved the idea of being a mother and I can't wait till my stomach starts growing.
"Oh damn you up" I looked up seeing Brandon as I pulled my tank top down. He looked fully dressed.
"I woke up and you weren't here. Everything okay?" I said nervously. I knew he wanted a baby together but I still wasn't positive he was all in and willing balance his career and being a father.
"I'm straight. Just went to clear my mind" he said as I swallowed.
"Oh" I said as he nodded. I didn't know how to read him and I didn't know the words to say.
"I was goin surprise you and tell you I might have found a spot for my own restaurant the other day. I was saving a lot and thought it was nice" he said as I listened.
"Maybe you can take me to see it in the morning" I said wanting keep our vibe positive.
"Nah. I got bigger responsibilities now. Can't be dreaming no more" he said as I took that to heart. It was no other way for me to take that.
"Brandon that kinda hurt my feelings" I said looking down. I didn't want this situation to make us something that we weren't. And I know I've hurt his feelings plenty of times in that past but it hurt more when it's actually your emotions at sake.

Brandon
I never ever intended on what I said coming out that way. I just wanted to be 100 wit her and let her know what was on my mind and how I was feeling. I wanted my baby but this was hard to adjust to knowing I had what I dreamed of for years right in front of me. Was I being selfish?
"You know I'll just figure this out. I don't want to feel as if I stopped your dreams. I love you too much to ruin everything for you" Andrea never ceases to amaze me and she loved me that much to do this all on her on. But that was never goin happen.
"You love me that much" I asked her.
"I do. I always thought you really loved me more when you told me but-" she stopped breaking down as it hurt my heart. I hated seeing her cry and it hurt hearing her tell me that. This ain't feel good at all.
"I thought we would be happy but you don't love me anymore" she cried as I pulled her close to me. I was pose to be the man who fixed all her problems not making her cry.
"Shhhh boo. Stop crying stop crying aight" I said rocking her as she just broke. I let her get it out as I held her close. I really hurt her heart.
"Dre" I said after a couple minutes.
"Hmmm" she said weakly.
"Boo I'm not leaving you or my baby. Yeah Imma admit I was being selfish and saw what I thought was my own plan but God got better things for me. Boo I mean what I say when I say I love you more so don't question that. I'm human boo so forgive for putting how I felt in front of you and our child. That will never happen again" when I'm wrong I was man enough to admit it and ask for her forgiveness. I just hoped she believed me.

Andrea
"You mean that?" I asked looking into his eyes.
"I swear on my father boo. I ain't mean to hurt your feelings either. I love you" he said as I believed him.
"Promise" I said
"Promise gorgeous" He said kissing my forehead. We were really going to do this.
_____________________________
1 month later......
Brandon
"Boo you know you at greater risk for high blood pressure now" I said reading this book on pregnancy. I made it my mission to read all I needed to know.
"Brandon I wish you stop reading those books and plus I don't even eat salty foods like that. " she said coming out the shower. I couldn't believe some of the things I was reading but I'm glad I know now.
"I ain't making you no more fried foods or nothing with salt and you need to watch your sugar too. All that ice cream ain't good for my baby" I said making a mental note. I was going to be on her like white on rice.
"Baby you've been reading all day." I heard her say as I highlighted something. "Take a break handsome. I could use some help putting my lotion on" she said as I looked up. Her towel was on the floor as I licked my lips.
"I mean I guess I can take a lil break. I don't want you all ashy" I said as she laughed. I looked her up and down and I got to say. I thought my baby was sexy before mannnn with this baby weight, it was doing her body good as shit. Her breast got bigger. Her ass was fatter. Her hips were like damn and her skin just had this glow. I couldn't keep my hands off her.