Chapter 47: Final Power

Previously...

"He has a dislocated shoulder and a broken arm, which should heal in about 2 weeks time thanks to our wolf blood. We will keep him here for a day or two before we can release him." He explains as he lists off everything from his notes.

This means Ashen won't be healed in time to fight in the next match... I doubt I'd be able to take them on my own, seeing as they also have won a match. Probably noticing I'm deep in thought the doctor takes his leave and closes the door behind him.  I take a seat next to Ashen's bed, as I watch him sleep peacefully. Even though, Ashen's not in an serious danger, the mate bond, causes worry and anxious. I raise my head to move his hair out of his ears, however, just as I make contact...

A bright light fills the room and surrounds both Ashen and I.

_____________________________________

The light blinds me and my fingers start to tingle. I attempt to block my eyes with my arm, however, my hand feels as though it's glued to Ashen's skin. I close my eyes until I notice the light fading behind my eyelids.

I glance around the room, noticing everything looking the same as before. What exactly did I do... It couldn't be my third power, could it?

'No, sorry to say, that wasn't your third power,' Celestial's voice echoed around my head. 'Surprisingly, you don't realise, because you did, although unlock your third power during the fight with Michael, without realising.'

I try to think back to the fight but I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. Super Strength? No... I'm already that strong. Getting no damage from flying through the air? Nuh... Too complicated. Intelligence?! No... Already smart enoug-

Celestial's laugh cackles around in my consciousness. She tries to catch her breath, however, just ends up laughing all over again. "Tha-at was... A go-good joke Av-Avery," she manages to spit out before bursting out into laughter again.

How dare she?! I'm intelligent... However, Celestial once again, let's out a large laugh, before I can sense her wolf rolling around on the floor... Wait is there even a floor in my mind... Since Celestial is in my mind and I can sense and see her form sometimes... What does she stand on, is she just a voice or does she actually manifest within my mind as like this tiny miniature wolf, the size of bacteria and is taking residence within my brain?!!!!

If it was even humanly (or should I say caninely) possible, Celestial manages to laugh harder and louder at this. I wait until Celestial's laughter does down, before asking her anything serious.

'So what is my third power then?' I ask hurriedly, curious to know how powerful I am.

'Since you're so intelligent...' she begins, before trying to hold back another laughing fit, 'you can figure it out yourself. Try to think back to what happened during the match. Meanwhile, I'll try to talk to Skull to see if I can figure out what that bright light was.' With that, I sense her presence disappearing within my mind, once again, probably to talk with Skull.

Come On! Again with the mystery! But then again, I was even more curious about what that light was. Since it wasn't my final power, what could it have been. I glance over to Ashen, who was still sleeping peacefully, unaware of what happened earlier. The mate bond between us slightly aches from remembering the pain Ashen must've dealt with when he caught me. It could've turned out so much worst for me, depending on how I landed. It could've even resulted in the worst case scenario. Suddenly, I feel a link being made between me and someone else.

'Hey Avery, it's Crystal. Sorry if I scared you,' She says through the mind-link. I keep forgetting that she's we are able to mind-link together. Because she is the Guardian spoken about in the legend, we have a family like bond, which is why we can mind-link.

'Hey Crys, What's going on? It's been a while since we've mind-linked each other.' I reply shortly after, tuning out of my surroundings and instead focusing on Crystal's mind.

'Oh, I just I didn't see you at the final fight. I just wanted to tell you the results and when the next matches are to be held.' She states the reason for mind-linking me, which makes me think.

'Hey... Um about the fights... I think Ashen's and I might drop out...' I try to explain, trying to find the easiest way to say it. 'Ashen won't be able to participate in the fight as he has a broken arm, and I don't think I would have the same luck with winning against everyone else in the matches coming up.' Before responding straightaway, Crystal hesitates, probably thinking of a way around it. Coming up with nothing, she answers back.

'Man... That's too bad, I was really hoping you would win. Anyways, I'll see you in a bit, I'll come to visit you in a second to talk and explain what's going on. We'll talk then. See you.' She says before cutting off the link, once I answer back a goodbye and thankyou.

Was that the best decision? It was mainly due to luck that I won that last fight. All thanks to luck... It was lucky I had won that match. Thanks to the rain, Michael lost his footing in the mud causing him to go over the line. I remember watching the clouds suddenly appear after watching Ashen get hurt. The Rain! That's it! The rain clouds and thunder appeared suddenly out of nowhere, it couldn't be natural. Surely thats-

'Bingo!' Celestial's voice appears out of nowhere. 'Maybe you do have SOME brain cells that are working, after all.'

That's it... My third and final power is that the weather matches my mood...

'No you idiot! It's called Weather Manipulation. Maybe you don't have ANY working brain cells.' Celestial chimes in.

Remembering why she left, as it's not like I miss her remarks, I quickly change the topic. 'So did you manage to see if Skull knew what that light was?'

_____________________________________

Hey guys! Sorry to end it there. I had no idea how to end it so I just left it there. ITS ALMOST CHRISTMAS!!! I'm so excited to finally have some time off work to spend with my family.

I can't believe my book is beginning to get popular. I seriously don't know how to thank you guys enough, it really is like an amazing Christmas present. I still see some people voting that have been here since nearly the beginning. It really means a lot to me ❤️♥️❤️

Anyways... She finally has all her powers now, she just has to learn to control them all ^_^

Hope you all continue reading, and hopefully I'll have another chapter out soon.

Love
~Willow