Beanie Boy (Jughead)

Hey so this is my first Riverdale imagine ever...yeah. Anyways I hope it's not too bad, happy reading!
--

Textbooks from your english history class were clung to your chest that you carried along with a stack of books whilst you listened to your overly passionate friend rant about the class, which was something you often found him doing after classes.

Jughead and you had both been friends for as long as you could actually remember, but over the last few months things have...changed. Not in a bad way at all but your relationship had definitely differed, which you didn't exactly mind.

The beanie clad boy had been driving you crazy for the last few months. You noted all details of him and hung out with him when you could. The two of you watched movies at the drive in, ate at pops, and one of you would always be at the others house.

He didn't flirt per say, but he wasn't closed off to the idea of the two of you dating either. He lent you his books, laughed and joked with you, and let you and only you read his book. Obviously this stirred up interest in the rest of your friend group, with Veronica and Betty constantly asking you when and if the two of you were dating, which made trying to flirt or remotely show your feelings towards Jughead pretty slim.

So with a sigh of the thought of your overly complicated situation, you again pushed your thoughts of him out of your head and decided to actually pay attention to your surroundings.

"Y/N..", Jughead had spoken with scrunched eyebrows towards you as you snapped out of your thoughts. "Shit, sorry Jug just a bit out of it. You can tell me how much more qualified you would be to teach than the actually teachers at lunch", you joked lightly which caused a slight smirk from Jughead.

"You know me too well", he joked lightly as an obnoxious bell rang throughout the hallway. "I guess we should part ways, but are you up for pop's after school? My agile mind requires good food to work", he said referring to working on his book as you rolled your eyes. "Fine Jones. I don't know what you'd do without me", you said before he lightly squeezed your shoulder and walked over to his next class, to which you did the same.

Lunchtime rolled around quickly, to which you followed your regular routine consisting of getting a lunch tray, and sitting with Riverdale's very own Holden Caulfield and the rest of the Scooby Gang.

"Hey", you beamed to the group approaching them. Jughead gave you a light smile while Veronica ranted about her home life currently.

You sat down to the only available seat which was next to Jughead and with a sigh picked up your fork. "I'm so grateful the school challenges me mentally. Trying to figure out what I'm eating everyday for lunch can become quite the puzzle", you said quietly earning a snicker from Jughead and a turn of heads from the rest of the gang.

With a slight smirk sent your way from Betty, your gaze had immediately cast downwards with a light blush, as Veronica continued ranting, with Archie and Betty occasionally speaking up.

In the midst of all the banter, your gaze landed back onto Jug. His raven hair peaked out from his signature beanie, and his smirk continually stayed plastered on his features. He nodded lightly amidst the conversation before he acknowledged your staring.

"You know Y/N, staring is quite rude", he whispered to you quietly before lightly squeezing your thigh which caused you to slightly scoff before smiling like an idiot.

The rest of the gang eyed the two of you suspiciously before the unfortunately irritating school bell rang, signalling the end of lunch.

With a half eaten sandwich left in your hand and a tray in the other, you and your small group of friends parted their ways, with Jughead first reminding you of pop's after school.

You had begun walking through the busy halls of the small high school before Ronnie linked arms with you, with a huge smile stuck to her face.

"You know Y/N, staring is quite rude", she announced mimicking Jughead as you elbowed her lightly while your face broke out in a dark crimson.

"Seriously V"? You said playfully while you began walking faster. "Yes seriously. He's crazy about you and that's saying a lot considering he's quite literally Wednesday Adams", she said matter of factly.

"Now I'm not pressuring you at all, you can announce your relationship with the rest of us when you two are ready", she said before winking and walking towards her class.

With a slight roll of your eyes, you quickly finished your school day and walked swiftly towards pop's. You were still slightly shaken over the latest murders in this town and just tried to make going outside alone a rare event.

You had reached pop's greeted by vigorous typing and a kind smile from Pop Tate who automatically knew your order of a strawberry milkshake along with fries and began making them.

You sat down to Quentin Tarantino himself and the two of you began automatically talking, laughing and just spending time together being kids.

After many hours and many milkshakes had taken place, two tired teens began slowly walking back to Jug's trailer, seeing as your mom allowed you to stay there overnight plus it was a lot closer.

The lazy night continued as the two of you relved in the still silence as he brushed your hand lightly with his before arriving to his trailer.

"Sorry for the mess, I haven't had the energy nor time to clean it", he said with a light laugh as you sat down on the couch with him following.

"Thank you Juggie, for everything", you had mumbled rather quickly as he sat beside you.

No words had to be said, he just smiled and slowly and with slight nerves intertwined both of your hands together whilst staring into your E/C eyes.

"I should be the one thanking you, you put up with me and my raw teenage angst", he joked while your heart began beating out of your chest.

Like out of nowhere, an adrenaline rush filled your veins and before you could actually think, your lips grazed his lightly.

At first he didn't react, but soon he wrapped his arms around your waist, and kissed back, smiling whilst doing so. The night continued like this until the two of you expectedly fell asleep, with his arms tightly wrapped around you and your head hidden in the crook of his neck.

The morning was a slight shock, almost as if you had forgot that morning would come and you'd have to actually think about what had occurred. Your eyes shot open quickly and you pulled your phone out of your pocket. 8:00 am, shit.

You quickly sat up, causing slight groans from Jughead. "It's too early, go back to sleep", he said groggily with his arms wide open for you which you had denied as much as you'd love that.

"Jug we're gonna be late, we've gotta go", you said while giggling. The two of you had gotten ready in the span of about 25 minutes, with one mistake. You had adorned one of his well known shirts and his beanie.

Without a second thought, the two of you headed to school, hand in hand before parting ways to your different classes for the day.

Lunch quickly rolled around as you pulled out a burger from Pop's curtesy of Jughead, and sat down with the rest of your friends.

"Hey losers", you said nonchalantly while biting into your burger and Jug sitting beside you. But, no one uttered a word.

"What's wrong with you guys today, cat got your..", you started before realizing the beanie left on your head and the shirt around your torso.

"Shit", you mumbled tearing the beanie off of your head before Veronica squealed."Busted", Betty and Archie said in unison laughing. "Oh my God, swoon. Veronica Lodge approves", Veronica said excitedly as she clapped her hands.

You and Jug blushed timidly before Jug's arm wrapped around you and a light kiss was placed to your forehead.

"Now we can be as overly affectionate and disgusting as we want sweetheart", he said overly lovingly causing Archie to gag and the rest of them to laugh.

A soft smile stayed glued to your face the rest of the day knowing that beanie boy was yours, and yours only.