Bad dreams (Archie)

Hey so this is very short but idk it's a quite small imagine, I hope it's not too bad.
--
A shot through the night, that's what you remembered anyways. The neon lights of Pop's chocklit shoppe shone upon the black hood and the bullet that hit Fred Andrews and corrupted his son's mind altogether.

It had been just mere days since the incident of the black hood, and you had taken it upon yourself to stay by Archie's side throughout this.

It had taken quite awhile but you had eventually convinced the redhead boy to put down the baseball bat he kept with him religiously, and go to sleep.

The two of you had been sleeping for a few hours only when Archie's mind grew anxious.

Sweat beads fell down his body, and whilst he shook slightly he began yelling incoherent phrases which had woke you up.

Your eyes opened slowly before realizing the gravity of the situation. You moved your frame slowly, as to not scare him and you slowly called out his name while gripping his shoulder.

You gave him a somber look before he sprung up, heaving and nearly in tears. Your immediate reaction was to embrace him in your arms which is what you did.

"Hey it's okay Arch, it was just a dream", you cooed softly as his body shone lightly while his gaze darted around the room.

"I-I thought, the black hood", he mumbled out quickly while his head bobbed around the room looking for a figure who just wasn't there.

"Hey, hey", you said as you put your hands to the sides of Archie's face as you scooter closer to him."It was just a dream Arch, I promise you, your dad and I, we're fine", you had said softly with a dad smile as he had slowly nodded in acknowledgment and his breathing laboured.

His head slowly again hit his pillow with a sigh, and you followed suit. His muscular body shifted, wrapping his arms around your waist tightly and burrowing his face into the crook of you neck.

Your legs automatically tangled around him whilst your arms wrapped around his arms in a loving manner. He then began mumbling an array of apologies to which you interrupted him.

"Please don't apologize, it was just your subconscious", you lightly joked before getting closer to him.

"It was just a bad dream. Let me make it better", you purred lightly in which he nodded and you drew circles on his back in a calming matter.

The rest of the night went on peacefully, as well as every night after that because Archie knew that as long as he had you, he wouldn't be burdened with bad dreams ever again.