Starless Nights (Betty)

So I've been gone for months upon months to which I apologize, but I decided to just begin writing which gave me some motivation to make this, I'm not sure if many people will enjoy it but I had a lot of fun writing it. Anyways happy reading 👌

Pops, laughter, homework assignments, movie nights, drinking, kissing, driving, and football games. Things that most would easily describe most teenagers in Riverdale and would be expected to be doing in their daily lives, yet it is so much different now, at least for one individual you knew.

Stomach churning fear, mind games, Black hood, tormenting, fearful nights, glazed over eyes, sinners, mystery murders, and preventing deaths was the norm in Betty's life at the moment.

While teenage life always does seem to get complicated, Betty Cooper's was on a whole new level.

You knew her home life was rough but you weren't aware of this whole Black hood mess - she really did keep up a front. Made everyone believe she was okay when really everything was crumbling apart.

I mean you did that as well but not to the same severity. Currently you you were finishing last period, English as you thought back on the conversation that happened with your girlfriend at lunch today.

With shaky hands and an overall twitchy demeanour, you sat with your girlfriend with your small group of friends. Your hand intertwined with hers as she continually looked around her - as if she were checking for something.

You found this odd, although she had been acting weirdly for awhile now thinking on it. The more you thought, the more worry which filled you. You squeezed her palm as a signal to go for a walk which she gratefully took.

She leaned into your shoulder to which you fully put your arm around her waist as a sigh left her lips.

"Betty, i-is there anything bothering you. I mean out of the ordinary"? You tried asking as you broke away from her figure and looked at her.

She seemed to dodge eye contact but her shaking and fearful deaminor could not hold up for much longer although yours couldn't either.

You missed sharing your problems with the girl you loved, you miss stupid conversations and playful arguments. You missed reading books together and eating at pops, hanging out with her friends and showing slight pda to make them gag, you missed your relationship but most importantly you wanted her back.

A sigh left her chapped lips as you looked at you and motioned to walk. You looked back at the table of her friends which you could even call your friends by how often you see and hang out with them.

The two of you walked as she began to open up. As she fed you the details of her personal life you were well for a better word shocked.

"To recap, you've been talking to a serial killer regularly and he's been puppet mastering you?". You questioned with slight humour but majorly concern."You are in a toxic relationship with the black hood and you need to break up."

"Betty, why didn't you tell me sooner?" You questioned as you let everything she had just trusted you with sink in before sighing and looked over at her tearful eyes as you had stopped behind the school.

"I'm so so sorry this has been happening", you mumbled as you wrapped your arms around her figure, your face tucked into her neck, blonde hair touching your head. You took in her sweet strawberry lavender scent as she cried lightly into your shoulder.

"I wish I could've seen this happening sooner or-", you mumbled to her as she tore away to look at you.

"No, no. Y/N, you have a tendency to blame yourself but it's not your fault okay? I-I just needed to tell you and apologize for not being there for you. We really have grown apart due to all of this", she spoke while holding your hands as it was your turn to let out a tear and sad smile.