Don't cry

"Give me a whisper and give me a sigh...

Give me a kiss before you tell me goodbye...

Don't you take it so hard now...

And please don't take it so hard...

I'll be still thinking of you...

And the times we had...."

Don't Cry, Guns N' Roses

.

.

.

.

"Ah welcome Adam" a voice greeted him as he walked into the building.

The face before him....he could now recognize it anywhere....the same face he saw at Melanie's house. Nathaniel Stephens!

"Where are they Nathaniel" Adam asked crossing his arms. He saw many men coming out to the hall where they were standing. One of them was Daniel, Adam recognized.

Nathan looked at the men and nodded. Adam looked at the men who went inside the building and soon returned with two figures.

Anjali, on seeing Adam, starting struggling in the hands of the hefty goons creating noises out of her gag. Adam looked at Arnav who was being dragged by the men. His head stooped low and hair was hanging low. His whole body was slumping and nothing about him looked healthy.

"What have you done to him?" Adam roared looking at Nathan.

Nathan chuckled and said, "We know that he is a martial arts expert. Couldn't take risk Adam. So we just gave him some drugs to weaken the boy!"

Adam clutched his fist and lunged forward when he heard a gun shot. He froze and turned to Arnav and Anjali and saw that the man holding Anjali had fired a gun to the air.

"If you move, Adam Joan, the next bullet will meet your daughter's skull!" the man said and pointed the gun to Anjali who stood pale and frozen.

Adam breathed heavily and raised his hands in air. He walked backwards from Nathan who stood straight and dusted his shirt.

"Let them go Nathan" Adam said calmly, "I'm your target. Kill me!" he spread his arms. Nathan looked at Daniel who was smirking.

"What's the fun in that?" Nathan asked and walked towards Anjali, "The real fun is watching you suffer! And that'll happen only if THEY suffer!" and he pulled the girl by her arm.

"NO!" Adam cried and walked forward when the goons held him. Arnav looked up from the men's hold and saw his sister squirming under Nathan's hold. He staggered forward but was pulled back and kicked on his knees. He let out a yelp as he slumped on the floor. "I didn't drug you for no reason tiger!" he heard the man saying and kicked him on his shoulder.

"Look at you Adam...." Nathan said in hatred, "None of the threats worked. None of the attempts worked. If I knew that I could make you bow to me by touching your daughter, I would have done this earlier man!"

"Nathan" Nathan turned to his brother who called him in a low warning tone, "Leave her!"

Masking his surprise Nathan laughed, "Why is that, brother?" and he tightened his hold on Anjali's waist and pushed her to him.

"YOU SCOUNDREL LEAVE HER" Adam shouted.

"Should I?" Nathan asked and looked at Anjali who was in tears. "Aww princess is in tears. Let me pull out your gag!" he removed the cloth that was covering her mouth and Anjali let out a huge gasp sucking air.

"Now answer me princess. Should I let you go?" Nathan asked smirking. Anjali struggled to untie her tied hand and push herself off from him but the man's grip strengthened. "Leave me" she cried.

"Nathan stop!" Daniel said and Nathan looked at him with narrowed eyebrows. "What is it with you?" he snapped.

"This is not right! This is no way to treat a woman" Daniel said calmly but sternly.

"There are no rules in treating your enemy" Nathan spat and leaned to Anjali's face.

"STOP!" Adam shouted.

"Nathan STOP" Daniel shouted and pushed Nathan off Anjali. He held her arm and pulled her behind him, shielding her from Nathan.

"Hey Nathan, are we missing something here?" one of the men asked, "Are you sure that your brother has not fallen for this Jewish girl?"

Nathan glared at Daniel who said, "I don't have an enmity towards Anjali or Arnav. Our hatred is towards Adam. Let's finish him off!"

Nathan raised an eyebrow and said aloud, "You know what Patrick," he looked at Patrick who had asked the question, "I'm now sure that this boy has fallen for this slut!"

Daniel said nothing but stared at his brother.

"Whatever it is Daniel" Nathan said, "I cannot change my decision." He walked to the table in the room and took the sharp knife. He turned to Daniel who was still shielding Anjali.

"Untie her and bring her to me" he commanded.

Daniel looked over his shoulder to find a shivering Anjali who had her forehead leaning on his shoulder and a frozen Adam who was being held with goons. Taking a deep breath he turned and held her tied up wrists.

He started untying it and she whispered, "No....please.....don't leave me..."

He looked at her and found tears rolling down her cheek. He looked down on the ropes and whispered, only for her to hear, "I won't let anything happen to you. I promise" She looked at him and even in the midst of the tension and fear she felt a wave of relief hitting her.

He turned and held her wrist. He was about to walk her to Nathan when they all heard one of the men running inside.

"NATHAN....NATHAN....COPS ARE HERE!"

"What?"

"COPS MAN.....COPS ARE HERE.....RUN!" the man screamed and everyone started running into the building.

"Cops...how?" Nathan asked shocked and looked at Adam who now stood free since the men holding him ran away.

"Did you....you scoundrel" Nathan shouted.

Adam smirked, although he knew that it was not him but Khushi who might have dialled cops after hearing the gun shot.

Nathan took out a gun from his pocket and Daniel rushed to him. "NO!" he said and held his arm. Nathan looked at him in anger and kicked him on his stomach. Daniel fell a few feet away. Adam rushed to Nathan and tackled him down.

"This is the police. FREEZE!" a gunshot was heard after the voice and Adam looked up to find police. Many men dressed in police attire rushed in and paramedics ran to Arnav who was now on Anjali's lap.

"Thank you sir, we've got him!" the police said and took hold of Nathan. The men looked at Daniel who stood stiff. They were about to walk to him when Anjali cried, "No....he is with us!"

Adam snapped his neck to her and Daniel looked at her shocked.

"He is with us" Anjali repeated and police stepped backwards. "Sorry sir" and they walked outside when Nathan kicked the police who was holding him. Getting hold of the gun the police man had he pointed it to Adam.

"Good bye Adam"

And he pulled the trigger.

"PAAPPPPAAAA" the whole building shook with Anjali's scream.