Chapter 1- The bet

I really didn't want to do it. I guess I should start from the beginning. I was at Wolf Paw academy for the talented. My school was an animal school, so I wasn't surprised to see the boys messing around with Liz the lizard in my science class. I sat down and dreamed lightly at the back of the class while our forgetful science teacher blabbed on about the importance of wearing gloves. I was the first person to leave when the bell rang. I jumped up from my seat, grabbed the homework sheet and ran. I ran to my tech class. I pulled the work in progress robotic owl out from my bag and worked on it at the back of the class. I was in the middle of setting up some new movements and motion sensors when someone leaned over and tapped me on the shoulder. It was the girly girl Becky.
"Wanna bet Miranda?" She asked me.
"Boy no way ho-zay" I whispered back.
"Pleeeeeeese?"
"Fine."
"Yay!"
"So... what's the best?" I asked her. I knew she hadn't planned it to go this far.
"Uh... I know! I bet you that if I get an A+ on my next assignment in maths, then you go to that haunted island that was on the news. And if I don't then you get ten twenty dollar coupons to Freddy's."
"WHAT!? No.Way."
"Aww to bad kitty, we've already shaken on it!"
I realised she was right. I was shaking hands with Becky. I yanked my hand back as if I had touched something white hot. I snarled and carried on fiddling with the circuits.