Cling Cling

Momo jolted up from her dream, panting. The sheets on the bed were drenched with sweat.

Suddenly, she heard a strange 'cling' sound from a distant room... It sounded like one of the triangle things that people played in percussion.

"Man, i'm supposed to go to the DIA with Kai later today, and something is keeping me up..." yawned Momo. "Was it me hearing things? I'll go check."

It was 3 in the morning, and Momo was planning a hang out with two of her best friends: Minu and Kai. She was trying to make them get along better.

Momo cautiously walked down the two sets of stairs, gently peeking around, and making sure nothing was there. Momo gradually heard the cling sound get louder and louder, until she reached the basement door... She never liked going into her basement when it's dark. It was always scary, and now at three AM, Momo wasn't to keen on going into the dank dampness the permeated the basement.

Thus, Momo just stepped a little closer to the door and quietly knocked on it.

"Is there someone there?" Momo called out

No response. The cling noise also stopped... Momo suddenly walked back to her room, suddenly hearing footsteps behind her... She was too afraid to look back. She walked Marching Band style to her room. As soon as she stepped in, she shut the door behind her.

"Who... Was that?" sighed Momo

Hours later, Kai waited at the entrance for Minu and Momo to show up. At the corner of her eye, she saw a tall girl, with long dark brown hair, and glasses.

"Minu..." said Kai, in an upset tone

"Kai..." she replied back, in an upset tone

"Quit quarreling and get along" said Momo

"We're trying but, my differences keep getting the best of me" said Kai

"You bet it is" said Minu

"Née!" said Momo "both of your differences are getting the best of you two..."

"You're right, we'll do what we can" said Minu

The three of them walked into the DIA and paid their fee.

"I can't wait to see the exhibits" said Minu

"Me either" said Kai "this is my first time here"

"Mine too" said Minu

"I've been here before" said Momo

"Of course for your Japanese class trip" said Minu

"Yep" said Momo "I wonder if the Samurai exhibit is still around"

Minu and Kai followed Momo up the stairs and they found the Samurai Exhibit.

"Awesome, it's still here" said Momo "want to come and see them?"

"Yes!" said Kai and Minu in unison

They walked up to the entrance and were handed a sound set. once they walked in, Minu and Kai were confused how to work the player.

"If you see a number on the artifact type it in and hit play." whispered Momo "it's easy"

As they toured they did what Momo had told them to do. "Deja vu" thought Momo. She looked at her friends, who were looking at the two samurai blades. "It's good I see my two greatest friends getting along" thought Momo. As soon as they were done with the Samurai tour, they realized there weren't security to take the music players from them...

"There should be security here..." said Momo "let's just leave them in these bins..."

Momo, Minu and Kai set down their sound players an went into the gift shop...

"Oh my!" said Kai "Japanese snacks!"

Minu's expression became surprised and rushed over to them.

"I'm taking strawberry" said Minu

"I'll take Peach" said Kai

"I'll take Lechee" said Momo

They each took their flavor of gummies and headed to the checkout...

"No one here?" wondered Minali

"I guess not" said Kai "let's leave our money here, just in case they come back"

The put their pay on the counter and continued with their tour.

"That's awkward, there was so much people here" said Minu

"I know, now it feels like it's just us" said Kai

"We've only been here for a few hours and no one is here?" wondered Momo "well, let's head on out"

"Awe man... I enjoyed my time with you Momo" said Kai

"I did too" said Minu "well, I enjoyed it more"

"No I did!" said Kai

"No I did!" said Minu

"Both of you shut up and follow me to the exit" said Momo "I told you to put your differences behind you"

The two gave mean looks at each other and followed Momo to the front doors.

"Eh? closed?" Wondered Momo

As Momo tried to pry the doors open, they wouldn't budge...

"OPEN UP!" yelled Momo

She hope'd to get a response from the other side of the door. But, there wasn't a response at all...

"What's going on?!" asked Minu

"I can't stay in here!" said Kai

"I think... We're locked in here..." said Momo

She then suddenly heard the 'cling' noise she heard earlier. She suddenly turned around and looked around her.

"Momo, daijobu?" asked Minu, placing her hand on her shoulder

"Do you not hear that?!" Asked Momo

"Hear what?" asked Minu

Suddenly... it stopped... Momo heard it getting faint and faint... "what? it's- it's gone..." thought Momo...

"I'm fine now" said Momo, shaking her head

She looked down at Kai, who was in a fetal position, mumbling to herself.