Chapter Twenty-Six: "What happened to her now?"

This chapter is dedicated to DinaRiddle770 for always making me smile with her comments, as well as voting on every new chapter!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I swear she spends more time unconscious than she does conscious," I heard someone say.
"Must be a daughter of Voldemort thing," someone else agreed, and I knew this had to be Harry. The only other people I had heard call my father by his name were Lupin and Dumbledore, and the voice sounded far too young to be either of them.
"That isn't funny, you two!" came a girl's anxious voice, and I guessed it was Hermione, which meant the first person I heard was most likely Ron. "She's unconscious with blood running down her face, and you're making jokes?!"

I tried to move, or even just open my eyes, but it seemed my brain had not yet regained enough control of my body to be able to do either of those things.
That spell was far too powerful. Sirius owes me one, when everyone finally finds out he's innocent.

"What are you three doing?" said a fourth voice, which sounded a lot like Lupin. "You should be—"
The voice stopped mid sentence, then said, "What happened to her now?"
"We don't know. There was a scream, and then a sort of muffled bang, and as nobody else particularly wanted to investigate, we came over here and then we saw Ivory," Hermione explained quickly.
"It looks like she's been attacked," Ron said.
"Very observant, Ronald," I said quietly, opening my eyes and sitting up, leaning against the wall for support.

All four of them visibly relaxed.

"Ivory, are you ok?" Hermione asked me worriedly.
"Oh yeah, I'm great," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes and quickly cleaning the blood off my face. "Just been attacked by a madman with a knife, I couldn't possibly be any better."
"Who attacked you?" Harry asked.
"The same person who somehow managed to escape Azkaban," I said, looking directly at Lupin. I knew he and Sirius had been best mates, so surely he knew that Sirius was an animagus? And if he did, why hadn't he told Dumbledore? Could it be that he didn't want to betray Sirius? No, he thought Sirius was guilty, just like the rest of Scotland, and most of the people in England too. Then what was it that had stopped him giving anyone this crucial piece of information?

"Sirius Black?" Ron said, sounding scared. Both he and Hermione looked at Harry, then back at me.
"Sirius Black," I confirmed, nodding.

"What were you doing up here anyway?" Lupin asked me, slightly suspiciously.
"Well, I left the feast early after Malfoy broke my nose again—"
"He did it again?!" Harry said, angry.
"Yeah. Anyway, so I came up here, and someone was yelling at the Fat Lady because she wouldn't let them into the common room without the password, and I looked and saw Sirius. I was just starting to go to tell someone when I heard some canvas being ripped and the Fat Lady screaming, and I quickly hid in this tunnel. I didn't even think about the fact he probably got in through here, though I really should have..."

"What happened then?" asked Lupin, sounding like he wasn't sure if he wanted to know.
"I can vaguely recall him doing this," I said, indicating to the cuts on my cheek before waving my hand over it and healing them. "Anything after that, I can't remember."
Hermione was staring at me in amazement.

"Yes, Hermione," I said, sighing, "I did just do wandless magic."
"But that's—" Hermione started to say.
"Highly advanced magic, far too difficult and temperamental for almost every witch and wizard to master," I finished, nodding. "I know."
I could easily hear her thoughts.
"No, I'm not. That would just be weird," I said to her.
She looked shocked, and about a hundred different possibilities rushed through her mind.

"No, nope, definitely not, not that either, hang on, go back one — no, that's too far — yeah, that. That's it," I said, guiding her to the right thought.
"What on earth are you talking about?" Harry said, confused.
"Nothing important," I replied, before standing up a little shakily and looking at Lupin.
"No, I'm not secretly a dolphin; that doesn't even make sense, sir."
"Ivory, how are you doing that?" Lupin asked me, slightly amazed.

I just smiled and said, "Magic. Anyway, aren't there more... important things to be doing right now?"
"Like?" Harry questioned.
"Well, getting out of the tunnel that a mass-murderer has just used to escape from Hogwarts would be a good start," I said. "And then maybe assuring everyone we haven't been killed or kidnapped."
"Oh. Right."
"Come on then," I said, and we all started to walk down to the great hall.

There was just one thing that was bothering me.
Why was he trying to get into the common room with a knife?

(A/n: sorry that this is such a short chapter, I got writer's block)