Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Camila's POV

"So, I'll see you after practice?" Lauren smiled, shifting her duffle bag further up her shoulder. I couldn't help but love the fact that she made sure to walk to me to practice, even though the softball diamond was an extra walk and a half away from the soccer fields.

The week following our kiss in the parking lot had been nothing less than perfect. Even though Lauren and I had not specifically talked about the kiss, what it meant, or had even kissed again – it was like there was an unspoken feeling of newness and closeness between us. Long gone were the days at the beginning of this year, where I yearned for anything interesting to happen to me. It's like Lauren lit my world on fire. Every moment I was with her, my skin tingled and my mind felt lighter. Even when she wasn't around, my thoughts were consumed by her, and I found myself smiling at the thought of her emerald eyes. Lauren made everything better.

"You can count on it," I beamed back. I watched as she quickly turned on her heel, jogging towards the softball fields. Her raven colored hair swung back and forth in a high pony tail as her long legs strode their way across the grass. My eyes drifted down her perfectly sculpted back to another favorite part of her anatomy, her perfectly round ass...

"Please stop drooling," Dinah threw her bag down on the pitch next to me before sitting down to put on her cleats.

"I was not drooling!" I defended, giving a quick around to see if anyone else noticed my hard core staring.

"You were about to," she giggled. I rolled my eyes and sat down next to her, putting my cleats out of my bag. "So, how are things going with you and Lauren?"

"Good," I blushed, faking concentration on tying my laces.

"You guys seem extra into each other lately, anything you want to update me on?"

"Well," I trailed off, knowing I should probably tell Dinah about the kiss Lauren and I had shared almost a week ago. Dinah is after all, my best friend, and even though there's so much I haven't figured out with myself, I know I could trust her. "We may have kissed at karaoke last week."

"What?!" Dinah yelled, calling the attention of our teammates to the side of us.

"Shut up!" I angrily whispered. "It's just a kiss."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Dinah pressed.

"I don't know... Things with Lauren are just going so well. But I'm not even sure what I am or who I am or how I feel about myself. All I know is that Lauren makes me feel good, and being with her, kissing her, feels so right."

"So what's the problem?" Dinah tilted her head.

"I'm not ready to tell people about us yet. Not because of Lauren, but because I don't know if I'm ready for people to know I like a girl. So what if this isn't enough for her? I don't know how long I can make her wait..." I bit my lip. Vocalizing my worst fear about our relationship made it seem even more plausible.

"Girl, have you seen the way that girl looks at you? I mean, I don't know exactly what your relationship is like but it's more than just a casual fling. If she really likes you like I think she does, then she'll understand that you're not ready. Don't worry so much, just let things happen naturally, you'll find your way together."

"You're probably right..." I tucked my hair behind my ears anxiously. "Thanks Dinah."

"Everyone get in line for the warm up run!" Emily called our attention to the pitch. Dinah and I helped each other up before standing behind our captain, waiting for the rest of the team to join us in line.