.hold on. (A short) 2

She died and he was left with nothing. Funny how a minor fight could turn deadly, you see it wasn't just a fight. There was so much more to everything. Behind her repetitive apologies for being forgetful was a girl who's previous relationship was abusive. With every simple fight, she feared things would escalate because they used to. Behind her tears that night was weeks of pain that had been held in unnecessarily long in fear of his reaction that would have been nothing but reasonable. Because he wasn't like the last guy she was with, he was well, normal. Sadly the last guy had ruined her into believing every guy was like him, that none of them cared. What had she done exactly here tonight you might ask? She overdosed on some old pills she had nearly forgotten about. It had been tucked in the back of the bathroom cabinet behind a box of band-aids. Similar to nearly forgetting about the pills she had also nearly forgotten about the blade taped to the underside of the sink, for safe keeping of course. She safely hid it there after promising her boyfriend she would stop cutting, she had really, but for safe keeping she never flushed it. It was one of those situations like when a little kid has an old disgusting blanket but refuses to throw it away just in case. Seeing as she hadn't fully forgotten either of the deadly objects she put them to good use that night. Really she hadn't even thought twice about the actions just that if it was all over things would generally be better. She might have been correct in one way but for her now sobbing and broken boyfriend it was not the case. Eventually, he went home from the hospital questioning every word he said that night, wondering what it was exactly that set her to this. He thought for weeks, not leaving his home. He fell apart with this deep menacing fear that it was all his fault and really how could it not be? He was the last one she spoke to, the last one she fought with. He knew her history with her ex but she told him she was doing better. Maybe that meant nothing all along because who could honestly recover from something like that so quickly?