Chapter VIII

I can't believe it. I'm gay.

"What's up dude?" asked Rhett all of a sudden the following morning during recess, putting an end to my thoughts, "You seem like you're in love."

Of course, I'm in love, I thought. With you. 

His next move was just a small pouting of the lips; a narrowing of the eyes and a tilting of the head- but that was enough to cast a spell of lust onto me. The left side of his faint lip tugged upwards, as he created a sinister yet teasing smirk on his god-like face that made me squirm a little inside.

"I love getting lost in my thoughts Robin," I said playfully, as I flashed back a smile towards him, "That's the only place that really makes sense to me."

That little rise in the corner of his mouth he was oblivious to combined with the cool detachment in his eyes suddenly gave way to a guarded, stoic look filled with uncertainty.     

"What's with the depressed tone?" he said, alarmed, "You had a fight with Tara and your parents again?"

Shaking my head, I replied, "It's not that dude. It's just that some things just don't make sense to me anymore."

"Like what?"

"Well, the fact that I'm in love with someone I'm not supposed to fall in love with is really terrifying," I admitted, without revealing the identity of my true crush.

"You're in love with Juliana?" he questioned dumbly before wheezing, "DUDE!"

The laugh came from him like a newly sprung leak - timid at first, stopping and starting. He wasn't done yet though, I could tell from the way he rolled his hazel eyes to the sky as well as his half-bit lip. From deep inside his chest came a great shaking motion and his face muscles grew tight. I folded my arms, eyebrows arched, obviously annoyed at his remarks.

In moments Rhett's laugh was more like a burst water main arching into the brilliant summer sky soaking everyone around him with unrestrained gales that debilitated him to a thigh slapping and pink-faced picture of glee. I wanted to stay straight-faced, flip my hair and storm off, but Rhett managed to sort of paralyze me from doing so.

"This is every Hollywood movie all over again," he chuckled, "Enemies who can't stand each other end up falling in love with each other."

"I'm not in love with her Rhett!" I said defiantly, "I'm in love with y-"

"MARK!"

Her shrill, yet arrogant voice came at the worst possible time for me as my emotions flared up upon seeing the pony-tailed, petite Spanish girl that was once my ally.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I scowled in annoyance, "You must have lots of balls showing up here after what you did to me."

"And that's why I'm here today," she said, with a more guarded tone than usual, "I want to say I'm sorry."

My face briskly registered a look of anger and shock.

"Sorry? You're fucking sorry?"

"Dude, I think she really means it," Rhett began, but I glared at him angrily.

"She's just doing this just to fuck me up again!" I yelled, as my veins began to boil, "I'm done with bitches like her."

Those words were the final straw for Juliana Alejandra. Brick by brick, her walls came tumbling down as she just broke down. Pearl-shaped tears rolled down her cheeks from the wide, luminous eyes she possessed. The sobs punched through as if they were ripping through her muscles, bones and guts.