Behind those walls

***
revised

CASS

I was aware that I shouldn't trust anyone.

That I should be careful.

My parents thought me how to be like this.

That I shouldn't give a damn.

But heck, I also want to feel normal.

Like a normal teenager, who dreams to be someone who she wants to be in the future.

Not to be stuck in this stupid mafia thing.

It's almost 6:30 when we decided to go inside the mall.

Nandito kami ngayon sa karaoke room, big enough para magkasya kami. It's also soundproof, wala ring cctv for out privacy.

Nakapalibot sila sa akin ngayon, Lyka and Kyle is still eating. As of the others, they're all ears.

I'm not doing this for anyone, I'm doing this for myself. I signed up for this, might as well commit.

I can't keep things bottled up inside me anymore.

Sasabihin ko na sa kanila tutal magkakaibigan naman kami eh.

"Yesterday, the girl who has this American aura, the typical hair and pitch black eyes her name is Shinya Yu. She's known for being the Joker, the one who can manipulate things that she wants to happen. Of course, she's also spoiled. She wanted to get revenge kasi hindi niya nakuha ang gusto niya, which is me"

"You? How come?"

"Let's just say that she's kinda heads over heels for me?"

"She likes her — OH wait she's OBSESSED" Lyka while trying not to choke on her burger.

"Really? Why?" Christian smirked and eyed the guy seating beside him, smells fishy, but I didn't mind at all.

"Shinha Yu is my childhood best friend. We've been inseparable since then, but of course things need to change. Hindi sa lahat ng pagkakataon ay kailangan nasa tabi namin ang isa't isa. I need to come here in the Philippines, to help our grandparents business. To make the long story short, we lost contact with each other."

"So what about her?" Ty, who keeps on shooting me questions he already know.

"She's the one who killed my mom"

Panandaliang nanahimik ang buong kapaligiran, maliban na lamang sa tumutugtog sa background,  muli kong pinagpatuloy ang pagkekwento.

"According to Tyler's sister who is mainly a geek and a genius in hacking, as a revenge, she paid someone else to plant a bomb in my mother's airplane. How did I know that she's the one who did it? I saw a box with a note that day outside our gate, ' I'll get what I want' "

"But she didn't and she won't ever."

"'Yan yung sinabi ng mga pulis?" Christian, I shook my head

"Julia's way better than the police and I trust her more than them. Police can either help you or harm you more. That's just that."

"True" Tyler agreed with me.

I'll be back for you Princess. I promise.

That was the last message my mom sent me, before boarding the plane. Tomorrow's her death anniversary and I promised that I'm going to visit her.

Nakatitig lamang ako sa kawalan, unti unti naring nawawala ang ingay na kanina ko pa naririnig.

Hindi ko namalayan na nakatingin na sila sakin.

"What?"

I felt a liquid coming down from my cheeks. Oh silly me, its tears.

"S-sorry"

I immediately get up, kinuha ko narin ang bag ko. Wiped the tears away.

I miss my mom and everytime I think about her, I just can't help but to feel soft and this weak.

She's my weakness afterall.

"Hey Cass?" lumingon ako sakanila at nakita kong nakasilip sila lahat sa pintuan ng karaoke room — except Gab.

"Yeah?"

"We just wanted to say that we gotchu 'kay?"

I nodded at them and smiled. For them, they think that I rarely smile. Hinabol ako ni Lyka and wisphered at my ear.

"For Chloe and kuya Nat. Love you my sweet cassy!" she kissed my cheek and lastly waved goodbye.

Gusto ko na umuwi.
I feel so tired and drained out.

Hindi talaga ako umuwi. Ang ending nandito ako ngayon sa sementeryo, even though its creepy here at night.

Hindi ko na lamang pinansin ang takot dahil may mga street lights naman na malapit.

Tahimik kong tinungo ang puntod ni mama.

Castella Monett
Born: Jan 19, 1987 Died: Sept 04, ----

Umupo ako sa harap nito at inayos ang binili kong bulaklak para sakanya. Pinaligiran ko ang buong damo ng bulaklak, ang mga paborito niya bulaklak. White Daisies.

"Mommy, I miss you.."

"I told my friends about your death, is it okay? I'm sorry.."

I felt the wind blew past against me, it was cold but at the same time it wasn't that chilly.

Nakatulala lamang ako sa tombstone ni mama, inaalala ang mga alaala ko na kasama siya.

I heard a sound, ang pagputol ng mga twigs at magcrunch ng mga dahon. I faced that direction and saw a man standing there.

He's still wearing the same clothes earlier kaya nakilala ko ito agad. It was Gab.

"Hey"

"Are you following me?" pinagpag ko na ang aking sarili at tumayo na. I whispered goodbye to my mom's tombstone.

"No"

"Then how did you know that I'm here?"

"I uhh" I scoffed at him, he did follow me. Medyo malayo rin kasi ang sementeryong ito sa mall na pinanggalingan namin kanina.

"Nevermind"

"I uuuh, I just wanted to say that thank you..... Thank you for trusting my friends, for trusting me."

I can feel that he's sincere, hindi nakatakas sa akin ang pagbaling ng tingin nito kay mama.

"Don't break that trust Gab."

I tapped his shoulder and walked out.

This day, I don't know.

But something changed about me.

It was happening so fast.

****
Vote

Comment

Share!

Love lots!

From: December 9, 2019

Sorry po kung ganito yung pagkakaayos ng story!! I was too young back then and mali mali pa ang mga grammars. I hope you guys understand and thank you po for supporting me despite of my weaknesses in making stories!!

Iloveyou guys!! ❤️