Are you serious?!

*Edited for spelling and grammar

I couldn't sleep that night. I was still angry that the one thing I loved with my whole being was ripped away from. All because of one person. Akoni Cullen.

I don't know what I'd do if I'd come face to face with him again. The weekend came and went with nothing to do. It was only the week that followed that was hard.

I walked by the cheerleaders every morning, flipping them off. I fully sat with Bella and her friends now. I kept to myself mostly, unless someone asked me a question.

It wasn't until the Monday after that I ran into Akoni again.

.....

As my last class of the day let out, I quickly grabbed my bag, and headed out to the truck. I climbed up, and sat on the tailgate. I put in my earbuds, and picked a favorite song before pulling out a book.

I had gotten halfway through the book, when the unthinkable happened. I had put my book back in my bag, and stood up to jump down, when a black van collided with the truck. When I fell, both my head and left shoulder, made a horrible crunching sound as I landed on the asphalt.

My vision went blurry, and ringing filled my ears. I called for my sister, or anyone near by.

"Hold on. The ambulance are on their way. Just hold on."

Then everything went black.

........

I woke up to an achy body, stiff neck, and the sound of a heart moniter. I blinked a few times when I opened my eyes.

"Khaleesi?"

I looked around and saw Akoni sitting in a chair, next to the window. I warily looked at him as he walked out of the room, and came back with a doctor.

"Good evening, Ms. Swan. Glad to see that you're awake. I'm Doctor Greenburg, and I was the one who took care of you. Before you try to speak, I'm gonna let you know about your condition. When your head hit the asphalt, you got a mild concussion. As a result, I put you in a medically induced coma so your brain could heal.

Another injury you sustained, was a dislocated shoulder. I've wrapped your shoulder and your arm to help stabilize it. When you're released, I'll give you your medication for any residual pain."

As the doctor explained things to me, I looked out the window, and saw that I wasn't in Forks. I put that at the back of my mind, and turned back to the doctor.

"How long was I out?" I asked, my voice no more than a raspy whisper.

"A week. Today is Friday."

.........

I was laying in bed, watching tv while waiting to be discharged, when Akoni walked in.

"Why are you here?" I asked, muting the tv.

"Just am." He said, sitting down.

I rolled my eyes.

"You can't be here, and not have a reason. There's always a reason for things happening. Even if the reason doesn't make sense." I said.

Akoni rolled his eyes. I grabbed one of my pillows, and threw it at him.

"Seriously. Why are you here? Where's my dad and sister?" I asked.

"They're back in Forks. I'm here to take you home." He said, bluntly.

"Where am I? Don't be a smartass about the answer either."

"You're in Seattle."

......

After I was discharged, I had Akoni take me to a nearby clothing store. I bought a few shirts and a couple sweats. It was silent on the car ride home. I managed to get a quick nap in before we reached Forks. When we pulled up to my house, my dad was getting ready to get into his car. I got out, and hugged him.

"Don't ever scare me like that, again." He said, hugging me.

"Agreed."

We pulled apart, and my dad turned to Akoni.

"Thank you for bringing my daughter home."

"It's no problem. My mom taught me to give help where it's needed. Even if people don't want it. It's something I intend to follow for the rest of my life."

"Your mother taught you well, son. You're welcome here any time."