Odd...

I spent the rest of the evening completing as much of the missed assignments as I could. I probably could've had it done before supper, but something kept interrupting my thoughts. Or rather, someone. Every time I blinked, his eyes would flash into my mind.

They were quite the mystery. They weren't like the rest of the Cullens. The color was unique, and enigmatic. A mystery indeed.

___________

I woke up late, Saturday morning. Feeling exceptionally well rested. I got up, showered, and changed into something comfy.

I went down stairs to grab some breakfast, when my dad called me into the living room.

"Yeah?"

"I'm gonna be heading to work to finish some paper work. You gonna be alright alone?"

"Alone? Where's Bella?" I asked, pouring a glass of orange juice.

"She went shopping with Jessica and Angela."

I choked on my juice.

"Are you serious? Bella. Our Bella. Went shopping."

"I'm dead serious. Although I think she went to help more than anything."

I snorted.

"Yeah. I'll be fine. I'll call if I decide to leave."

.......

I was reading in the living room, when someone knocked on the door. I put the book down, and walked over to the door.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, opening the door.

"Your dad said I was welcome here, anytime." Akoni said, walking in.

"At our request. I don't exactly remember inviting you over." I said, shutting the door.

"Technically," He said, turning to face me. "Your dad give me an invitation."

"Yeah. Technically. Now, I was reading a good book. If you could kindly leave, I'd like to get back to my book."

"Nah. You're stuck with me." He said, sitting at the kitchen table.

"I don't think so. Get out."

........

I rolled my eyes as Akoni kept flipping through the channels. I got up from the recliner, and headed up to my room. I grabbed my jacket, shoes, and headed downstairs.

"Alright," I said, shutting the tv off. "If you insist on bugging me. You're gonna help me. I need a few things, and Bella didn't leave her keys."

"So, I'm supposed to just run home, and grab a car?" He asked, standing up.

"Yes. 'Cause I sure as hell didn't hear you pull up on your motorcycle."

"I actually drove here in my brother's jeep."

"Alright then, smart ass. Drive me to the craft store. I need to pick up a few things."

___________

As I was combing through the various isles, Akoni spoke up.

"Why are you buying this stuff?" He asked, leaning against the shelf.

"My grandma's birthday is in a few days, and I want to make her something. Can't show up with nothing to give. Nor can I show up with something store bought. It'll be more special."

Once I found what I needed, I headed to the register. As the cashier rang up my items, an ice cold chill ran down my spine. I quickly paid for things, and grabbed them on my way out. As I buckled myself into the jeep, I pulled my phone out and sent a quick message to Bella. I told her to be careful, and to make sure to stay with Jess and Angela.

"So...where to now?" Akoni asked.

"Well, your mom wouldn't happen to have any spare easels lying around, would she?" I asked, partially hoping he would say yes, but also hoping he would say no.

"She might. Do you need one?"

"Yeah. For this at least. I'd buy one myself, but they're so expensive."

"We could go check. It won't be that long."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

°•°•°

3rd Person PoV

Akoni was indeed correct. His mom hadn't minded one bit. She let Khaleesi borrow an easel, and even lent a few extra supplies she thought Khaleesi might need.

"Thank you, Mrs. Cullen. I'll have these returned to you as soon as possible."

"Oh don't worry, dear. I have plenty more of those. What are you planning to do, if I may ask?"

"My grandma's birthday is a few days, and I want to make something for her."

"That's a nice idea. I hope it turns out well."

"I do as well."

The two shook hands, and Khaleesi took the easel out to the jeep. Akoni helped situate it so it would fit. After he dropped Khaleesi off at her house, he headed home. He couldn't stop the thoughts of Khaleesi from running through his head.

She was an odd one. She didn't take shit from anyone, and didn't give fuck about anyone's opinion. There was something about her that intrigued him. He doesn't know what it is, but he his determined to find out.

••••

AN: Fuck life. Just fuck life. Fuck 2020 in particular.....