Lobsters

Barry sat on the armrest of Kara's couch, while she sat on the cushion of the other side. Together they were on their phones. The silence was deafening, but nether minded it when the other was in the studio apartment with them.

Kara shut her phone off and took Barry's from his hands. "Hey," he pouted.

"I'm sorry, but I want do do something fun with my boyfriend," she argued.

When he thought about it, it really was a good argument. What was the point of being together if they didn't pay attention to each other. "Alright," he peaked the mountain of curiosity, "what'd you have in mind?"

"Uhh," her voice fell low.

"Can I use my phone to look up date ideas?"

"No," she booped his nose.

"I can take it from your hands in less than a second," he wiped off her boop. "Asking you was just a courtesy."

"Don't get sassy with me," she commanded. "I can go nearly as fast as you and I'm stronger than you."

"Your point is?"

"If you flinch to getting close to me, I have my grip on your-" she lifted her empty hand. "Hey, where'd it go?"

"You mean this," Barry asked, a cheeky grin blossomed across his face. "I got it like two minutes ago, speedster time."

"Not cool," she crossed her arms.

"Let's see here," he scrolled his phone. "Everyone loves long walks on the beach."

"No. The seagulls are annoying. I used to like them, but then they kept stealing my French fries."

"Accurate description of seagulls," Barry admitted. "Mountain hiking?"

"Veto."

"Stargazing?"

"Veto."

"I thought you'd love that one, you're into all of those cliche romantic things," he looked hurt.

"I spent decades in space, why would I want to go stargazing?"

"I guess you have a point by that," he inched closer to her, taking her hand "Go to an aquarium? Who does th-"

"Wait, isn't an aquarium that place with all the fish?"

"Yes... you're not seriously considering this, are you," he tucked his chin into his neck.

"Yes," her voice gushed to say that one word, in a way that Barry had only heard from her discussing how "potato chips are the dried babootch of Earth," whatever babootch is. "I love looking at fish! They're all so pretty and- I sound like an idiot, don't I?"

Barry noticed his attentiveness. "No. You just look really cute when you're talking about something you love," he looked down to hide his smile.

Kara reached under his head and lifted it by the chin, "I hope you realize that's what I look like when I talk about you."

"I think you have something on your lips," he leaned in and kissed her. "Nevermind, it was just me."

"You're so cheesy."

-

"That'll be thirteen dollars and fifty eight cents," iris told the coffee addict. He handed her fifteen dollars and she made change.

"Here," he handed her the leftover cash, "why don't you buy yourself something nice."

"Thank you," she nodded her head gratefully.