Supply Closet

Barry had moved out of the West home. He couldn't look his family in the eye and tell them the woman he asked to marry told him no. He found an apartment in northeast Central City. He knew he was unable to work with his friends on missions, but he wasn't about to let that stop him from helping the city.

He called Kara at least five times a day to be greeted by her friendly answering machine. "Hey Kara," he called without tone. "It's me again. I just- I miss hearing your voice, your laugh. Whatever it is that I did, I'm sorry. Were we moving too quickly? I need you to tell me, or I won't be able to change. Please, Kara. I'm going to be at the reunion tomorrow. Call me back."

He sighed. If she didn't start talking to him soon he knew he'd crack. If calling her wasn't doing the trick, then he would find a way to meet her.

-

Kara was sitting on her couch with a bag of potato chips, surrounded by old take out boxes of pot stickers. She took a few personal days at work and couldn't help but want to take a few more. She was always thinking about Barry and how she said no to his proposal no matter how many episodes of Friends she watched.

She felt like Rachel leaving her Barry at the altar, except Kara had good reason. It wasn't that she just stopped loving him, it was because she couldn't love him.

She loved him and wanted to be with him for the rest of her life, but how? Would she move to CC or he move to NC? Even if they moved to the other's city, what would happen to their own? Would they take care of the big stuff and weekends? It just wasn't possible.

But she got too close. Too attached. Every time she saw him it was like she fell in love with him all over again. Breaking up with him was the hardest thing she had ever done, and she hoped to never have to do it again.

Every once in a while, she'd turn the news on and see a report on the Flash saving the day, and not five minutes later did she get a new voice mail from him. It physically hurt her to listen to them, but she had to. If she didn't she knew she'd regret it and just listen to it later.

"Knocketty knock knock," Alex opened her apartment door. She stepped over the trash and onto her sister's couch, swiftly wrapping her arms around her. "Are you doing any better?"

"No," Kara frowned. "Yes? I don't know."

"That's okay," Alex rubbed her shoulder. "Are you going to your high school reunion tomorrow?"

"You're just full of questions, aren't you."
"It'd fine if you don't want to. You don't have to go."
"I know, it's just... I want to see all of my friends, but Barry..."

"I know," Alex hugged her. "It's all going to be okay. You know what, get dressed, we're going shopping.

-

Caitlin was concerned to sat the least. There had to be some way to find Barry. They didn't know where Barry was, they didn't know why he was gone, and they didn't know how he just dropped off the map like that. And Caitlin hated not knowing.

They only had a vague idea of where he was, but that was a fifty mile radius. And Cisco was busy mourning with Joe and everyone else Caitlin knew.

They say people grieve in different ways, but she tried not to grieve at all. She tried to keep her mind occupied with other things. Such as finding Barry, who seemed to be trying to mourn alone.

The more she thought about it, the more it made sense; Barry just wanted to be alone in his fragile state. It wasn't the worst thing for him to be doing, however it wasn't a very good thing for him to be going through alone.