The Search: My Long Lost Romeo (Infinite Fanfic)

PROLOGUE :

Soyou is an abandoned child and dreamed to have a family. She felt lonely and wondered how her life would be outside the orphanage so she decided to escape. When she secretly left the place that night, she witnessed a shocking scene. A young boy of her age was being kidnapped at an abandoned building not too far from the orphanage. She tried to help the young boy but when they were about to escape, one of the malicious masked guy saw them.  She led the young boy as they ran hand in hand and hid behind some bushes nearby.

“H-hey… w-why did they take you to that abandoned building?” she softly asked still panting heavily.

The boy was in shock and couldn’t utter a thing. His tears were flowing down from his small eyes as he continues to sob. Soyou was also in panic as one of the masked men that were chasing them stopped at their place. She swiftly covered his mouth.

“S-sssh…” she hushed him down. The boy only looked at her shaking from too much fear.  She suddenly felt like hugging him. She’s also scared that time but she needs to take responsibility of getting involved in the situation.

A little later, she heard footsteps going to their way.

“Hi kids…” a masked man appeared in front of them and smiling evily.

She gulped. The only thing she needs to do now is to run but she can’t just leave the poor boy behind. She took courage and kicked the man but it didn’t hurt the man at all.

“You naughty girl! Stop messing with man’s business here!” the scary looking man put off his mask and grabbed Soyou’s hand as he yelled at her in fury.

The little boy who was in shock got back to his senses as he’s now witnessing the man hurting the girl who tried to save him. He saw a trunk and immediately grabbed it. He stroked it hard to the man but the man was able to dodged it and hit the girl instead.

“Oooh… our young master hits the wrong target. Hahaha.” The man sarcastically laughed and faced him.

“R-run…” Soyou managed to say before she lost her consciousness.

The man slowly walked towards him while he also took some step backwards. He kept shifting his look on Soyou and the man. He quite noticed that the man has a scar on the right side of his face near his forehead after the wind blew part of his fringe.

“Come here little boy… so your father will come and save yah soon.” The man kept moving forward taking each step slowly.

Just when he was about to be grabbed by the man. A police siren was heard. The man got his attention to the sound of the police siren which gets louder and louder each time. The young boy on the other hand took the opportunity to run away but before that he first glanced at thehelpless girl.

“Sh*t!” he stomped his feet in frustration as he saw the kid running away. He knows that if he’ll still chase the kid, he’ll surely get caught.

“Hey! Let’s go!” another masked man called his attention. It seems like the police are getting closer so he ran away from the site with his other men.

The police reached the site and searched the area. They saw Soyou who’s unconsciously lying on the ground by the bushes near the site with her head bleeding. They think that Soyou might know something about the case.

At a nearby hospital, Soyou got her consciousness back. The young boy’s parents visited her the next day hoping to get answers from her.

“Young miss… how are you feeling?” the boy’s mother asked her in concern. Her eyes were full of worry.

“I…I’m fine.” Soyou weakly answered back.

“W-were you…” the mother tried to ask something but got cut off.

“Are you his mother? D-did he manage to run away from the bad guys? Is he… is he fine now? ” Soyou asked.

The mother was surprised to hear her succeeding questions. She gasped and started to sob. Her husband just embraced and lightly patted her back to comfort her.

“O-our s-son… he’s missing.” the father responded on his wife’s behalf.

Soyou got speechless and only looked down for she can’t handle seeing the boy’s parents’ misery.

“Anyway, we heard that you almost risk your life just to save our son Soyou. We are truly grateful for your courage to do that.” The father added.

“How’d you know my name?” she looked up and wondered how he got to know her name.

“You came from the orphanage right?” he chuckled a little bit and continued. “We also heard that you sneakily escaped from there last night. You’re quite naughty.”

“Please don’t send me back there. I- I beg you.”

Soyou saw the two adults faced each other and appeared to be like communicating with their eyes. A few seconds later, the mother grabbed Soyou’s hands and weakly smiled at her.

“We’re keeping you.” She said and hugged her tight.

 Soyou couldn’t believe what she just heard and smiled back. She finally got to have a family of her own. She knows that she shouldn’t be too happy about it since the parents are still troubled of their missing son but nevertheless she’s very much delighted deep inside.