Chapter 5

SOYOU POV

“What are you doing here?” He asked for the second time and still not looking back at me.

“U-uh…” I’m speechless. Telling him that I came here just because Woohyun told me that he’s here would be weird though it’s partly true. What am I suppose to answer him?!

I’m still in the middle of contemplating when I heard him sigh and finally turned to face me.

“Where’s Woohyun?” he asked.

He looks perfectly fine now. There’s no sight of tears from his eyes though he looks a bit sad. Ofcourse, he wouldn’t want to face me with tears. A guy like him wouldn’t want to show his weakness in front of others.  Not to me.

“He… he’s meeting a friend.” He nodded in return.

The place suddenly went silent. It’s kind of awkward, really. Maybe, I should just leave and give him some time alone because I think he badly needs it.

“Uh… I think-“I was about to excuse myself but he cut me off.

“Can you play a piece?” he smiled though his eyes clearly portray sadness to it.

“S-sure.” I smiled in return.

I slowly made my way to the piano as he gave me enough space so I can sit next to him.

“Any request?” I asked. It may not show but I’m seriously trembling now. And why am I even nervous?!

“Just play it as you like…” he answered.

I started playing it and he only listened until I finished a piece. The moment it all ended, silence filled the room again. I can’t even turn myself to face him not even attempting to sneak a peek of his face. For God’s sake, I certainly have to get out from this place.

After what seems to be a few minutes of silence, I earned my courage to step up so I could finally leave. Slowly standing up from my seat shifting myself to the door’s direction, I made a move- step away from him but just before I made another step, he grabbed a hold of my wrist.

“Can you at least stay for a moment?” I looked down to meet his gaze.

For a moment, I witnessed him being weak.

“S-sure.” I nodded in agreement and sat down beside him again.

The silence felt awkward. I’m hoping he could open up a conversation or something at least since he offered me to stay. He could at least consider the fact that I’m feeling way too uncomfortable like this.

“I’m sorry if I’m making you feel uncomfortable.” He finally uttered something as if he just read my thoughts.

“U-uh… it’s fine.” I replied.

Silence filled the room again. This really freaks me out. I can’t take this anymore. Maybe, I should open up. I sighed before I started. Here we go.

“Something’s bothering you? Got any problem? You may share it with me. I’ll listen.”

“And why am I going to do that?”

Why? I went blank for a moment and thought of it as he waited.

“Hmm… it will lessen your burden. I tried it before and it really helps when you share it with someone.”

“What I mean is- why am I going to share it with you? I don’t even know you that much. I can’t trust you with my personal issues.”

Right. I’m still a perfect stranger. I can totally understand if he doubts me. That’s probably too much of me to ask. There’s another way to get this conversation going though.