Chapter 1

Soyou POV

It’s been 10 years after I got adopted by Mr. and Mrs. Kim. Now, I’m living with the family that changed my life. They treated me with such care as if I’m a true member of the family. I’m so blessed to get an opportunity to experience having such loving parents and extremely sweet and handsome younger brother.

But I can’t seem to be happy about everything. The young master Sungjoon’s still missing and he’s nowhere to be found. Until now, I can’t help but be bothered by it knowing that mom and dad stopped looking for him after just a week of searching, it was quite weird. I sometimes think that maybe they’ve given up because they already found a replacement for him- that’s me. Although, mom and dad don’t have any idea about this, me and my little brother, Myungsoo still continue on search of the missing young master.

Six months from now the CEO position will turn over to the family’s first child and since the young master went missing for almost 13 years now- the next in line for the position is me.

“Noona~ breakfast’s ready!!!” Myungsoo sneakily went inside my room and surprised me with a back hug.

He’s such a sweet brother. He always does that. I just can’t seem to comprehend why he’s acting the exact opposite when he’s at school. He’s known as the cold city boy- tch… makes me wanna laugh.

“Yah~ you should knock before coming in!” I turned around and slapped his arm.

“Fine… fine… haha… mom prepared breakfast today so better fix yourself and-“

“Really?!!!” I didn’t let him finish. I widely smiled and Myungsoo did the same and nodded.

Mom’s always busy with business trips same with dad so she seldom cooks for the family just like now.

“I’ll be downstairs noona.” He winked at me before he left the room.

* * * * * * *

“My princess!” Mom greeted me with a smile as she sets the table.

Yeah. I’m their only princess. They treat me like a true princess. I’m too lucky! ^^

“Mom!” I ran towards her and gave her a tight hug. “I miss you.” I added.

“I miss you more- my Soyou.” She said in return.

On the corner of my eyes, I see Myungsoo trying to control his laugh.

“Hey Myung~ wanna join?” I asked him.

“Haha… no thanks! That’s way too-“ he cringed.

“Dad!” I saw dad coming our way. He smiled and opened his arms wide for an embrace. I pulled away from mom and ran to him for a tight cuddle.

“My princess really grows up fast.” He said and pulled away then he turned to face Myungsoo’s direction. “ and here’s my ever handsome prince.”

“Dad!” Myungsoo felt embarrassed.

“Why? My Myung-ie’s the handsomest guy on Earth!” Mom said trying to tease him more.

“Tch… you don’t have to say that! I know!” Myungsoo responded in full confidence.

“Don’t be too full of yourself Myung!” I lightly hit his head.

We all laughed and took our seats as we enjoyed our breakfast together. It’s like a gathering since we don’t eat breakfast together that much. This only happens once a month. I still wonder how it feels with the young master around. It must be more fun!