Chapter 4

SOYOU POV

Sunggyu, Woohyun and I are classmates. I only knew about it today! Haha… Well, I wasn’t interested on any of my classmates yesterday so I just kept my attention to the teacher and avoided any contact with them. I’m such a snobbish! >:)

“You really didn’t notice me in class yesterday Soyou?” Woohyun asked in disbelief as we walked to our class. I lightly shook my head and pouted being slightly sorry.

“I only recognized you from the café yesterday.” I explained. “Ah… about what happened yesterday, I’m sorry.” I added and faced Sunggyu who’s also walking side by side with Woohyun.

“That’s fine as long as you’ll be careful next time. If you’re gonna cause any trouble again, we’ll gonna sue you for damages.” He glanced at me and flashed a smile.

“You’re scaring her bro. She’ll never gonna step in your café again and you’re gonna lose a regular customer.” I swiftly looked at Woohyun.

“What?” he asked. I didn’t answer him and just looked away.

We’re now passing by the crowded hallway. I noticed that most of the students were staring at us. Well, girls were mostly glaring at me. I suddenly felt intimidated but I never wanted to let them know that so I pretended like I don’t care.

“Woohyun~” girls were calling out his name.

He wasn’t snobbish like me. He turned to face the group of girls and waved with a smile on. I think he’s the popular guy here. By the look of him now, I’m guessing he’s a player.

We finally reached our classroom and took our seats. Woohyun went straight at the middle part of the room while I continued walking towards my seat at the back. Sunggyu walked right after me until I sat on my chair and he also sat on his chair at my back. I looked back at him in surprise.

“What?” he asked.

“N-nothing.” I faced front. How can I not notice yesterday that he’s actually sitting just a seat behind me?

The class went on. It was quite boring. Then I somehow slightly shifted my head back and saw Sunggyu in full attention to our teacher who’s lecturing us on Social Studies. He must be a nerdy type of a guy. It just doesn’t show.

After about 45 minutes of lecturing, the teacher suddenly announced that she’ll be giving a quiz. I panicked because I wasn’t paying much attention earlier. But it didn’t worry me that much. I’m quite confident of the topic since I actually read it before.

The quiz ended and the teacher announced the results. I’m quite pleased of the result. I got only two mistakes. ^^ So far, I got the highest score.

“Mr. Kim Sunggyu, 29 out of 30. What happened?” the teacher seems to be unsatisfied by his results. O.o

He only got one wrong answer but why’s everybody shocked by that? I’m already amazed that he surpassed my score but it seems like I still have something more to be surprised at.

Everyone was staring at him in curiosity so I turned my back too and saw him looking down lightly shaking his head. The teacher in front let out a sigh and dismissed the class.

“Bro it’s your first time getting a mistake on Mrs. Choi’s pop up quizzes. Something wrong?” Woohyun immediately went to him and tapped his shoulder in concern.

So Sunggyu’s a genius. Something must’ve been bothering him that’s why he made a mistake. I’m like that too.

Sunggyu POV

Mrs. Choi is now announcing the quiz results. I’m not confident with my result since I never once paid attention on her lecture today. I only trusted on my stock knowledge for this quiz.