get to know: cori and jimmy

lowercase intended.

cori's condo

jimmy's pov

jimmy's pov

"babe, my back hurts. can you give me a massage?" I groaned as I walked into her bedroom. she looked at me and nodded, putting the money she was counting in her drawer. I laid down on the bed and rolled over onto my stomach.

"how was your day?" she asked as she sat on top of me, rubbing her fingers into my upper back.

"it was straight, I guess. went to practice, almost died in the process." I chuckled. she laughed too and kneaded her hands into my back.

"why what happened?"

"because coach had us do these new drills and it really gave me a shitload of fatigue and had my ass out there dying," I said. "but how was your day?" I asked her, to change the topic.

"we're not talking about me right now, we're talking about you." she said, chuckling after. I chuckled bitterly and rolled my eyes.

"I really hate when you do that shit." I said. her hands stopped moving.

"do what?" she asked, getting off of me. I sat up and turned around to look at her.

"that shit. you never want to talk about you. it's always me. if you're having a bad day, you never want to talk about it. you don't tell me anything. I always have to figure it out for myself." I said.

"so you're mad at me for not talking about myself? ok." she said, trying to dismiss the conversation.

"no, it ain't no damn "ok". that's isn't the point I was trying to make, smartass." I said, getting louder.

"then what was your fucking point, Butler!?" she yelled, calling me by my last name.

"my point is I feel like I barely know you even after 3 years of being with you! it's like i'm wasting my time with you!" I yelled back. she rose both of her eyebrows and cocked her head back.

"if you feel like your wasting your time, then leave! bye!" she yelled. I looked at her like she was crazy.

"no i'm not gonna fucking leave! you act like you don't trust me or something!"

"because I don't! okay?! I don't trust anyone!" she yelled. I looked at her in confusion.

she doesn't trust me?

"why don't you trust me? I've never given you reason not to." I asked, a little hurt.

"I know you haven't but that's just how I am. it's not you, it's me. people switch up so quick these days, I have to keep my guard up around any and everyone." she explained.

"I get that, but babe, it's me. you know damn good and well that you can tell me anything." I said, looking at her.

"you can say that all you want but if I don't trust anybody then that's not gonna change my mind." she said, nonchalantly and shrugging her shoulders. I knitted my eyebrows together trying to find the sense in her logic.

 I knitted my eyebrows together trying to find the sense in her logic

"i'm telling you one thing and you saying another. stop being so damn difficult." I said to her. she gave me a blank stare before chuckling bitterly.

"and that's another damn reason why I don't tell you shit. you so full of it. you feel like everything has to go your way and everyone must agree with you or do as you say. not in cori's world, nigga. you lucky we made it to three years cause I was gonna just scam you and keep it moving." she said laughing. my mouth opened in shock and I laughed.

"woooww, you was gonna do me like that, for real?" I said, laughing

"yes dummy. they don't call me "cori the scammer" for no reason." she said giving me a "duh, nigga" look.

"but then I started to actually like yo' pineapple headass and said "eh, just give him a chance" and now we're here."

"do you see what you just did?" I asked her, smirking.

"what did I do?"

"you just opened up to me about something. it was small but it was something." I smiled. she playfully rolled her eyes at me.

"yeah yeah yeah, whatever, mushroom." she laughed, nudging me.

"keep talking all that shit, whopper head, gon' get that ass clapped." I laughed, playfully pushing her head.

patience is key I guess.

•••

y'all christmas is tomorrow and for the first time in all my 16 years of living, i'm not even excited nor do I care.

that's sad 😭

but owale, we'll try again next year 🤷🏾‍♀️

instagram posts coming up next 😛