at home with: ben and ariel

lowercase intended.

ariel's pov
I threw up in the toilet for the third time today and it's only two o'clock in the afternoon. I covered the seat, flushed the toilet and sighed as I ran my fingers through my messy curls. I stood up slowly and looked in the mirror. I put my curls in a hair tie and threw it up in a messy bun before brushing my teeth.

"what the hell is going on?" I muttered to myself after I finished brushing my teeth. I turned off the bathroom light and walked back downstairs.

——

"I think it was the shrimp Ben cooked last night. I told him to let me help him make it but he wanted to show his ass out and now I feel sick." I said over the phone with Milan.

"I don't know girl, what if you're pregnant? have you taken a test?" she responded. I froze and my heart dropped. memories of all those sleepless nights I had after my miscarriage consumed my thoughts. the continuous arguments between Ben and I. the depression. everything hit me like a bullet.

"hello? Ari, you there?" Milan called out. I snapped out of it and blinked a couple times before responding.

"uh, nah. I don't— I don't think so." I said, quickly denying all possibilities.

"when was the last time y'all had unprotected sex?" she asked. I pursed my lips.

"uh, like 3 days ago. but I don't think—" I started before I was cut off.

"girl, you're pregnant. go buy a test and call me later. love you, bye!" she said, hanging up before I could respond. I looked at the phone in my hand and tucked in my lips. I checked the time on my phone. Ben would be coming home in a few. I went upstairs to the bathroom and searched the drawer for an extra pregnancy test I had. when I found it, I picked it up and sighed.

ben's pov
I walked in the house with a couple grocery bags and placed them in the kitchen.

"babe, i'm home!" I called out.

"in the bathroom!" she responded. I smiled to myself as I made my way upstairs and into our room.

"I missed yo' cute ass." I said as I walked into the bathroom. she was leaning against the wall and staring at the bathroom counter. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and looked where she was looking. it was a pregnancy test. I walked closer to it to read what it said.

pregnant.

"you're pregnant?" I asked her, looking at her with a bit of excitement in my voice. she nodded and I smiled. I walked over to her and pulled her into a hug.

"I can be a dad again!" I said, excitedly feeling myself get emotional.

"Ben, i'm scared." I heard her say. I looked down at her and she looked up at me.

"don't be scared, okay? God got us. we good." I reassured her. she nodded and I leaned down to kiss her. she pulled away and I released her from the hug. she walked into the room and looked in the mirror. I followed behind her and watched as she pulled up her shirt and placed her hand on her flat stomach.

"hey little one. I just found out about you. I hope you're doing okay in there. can't wait to go on this journey with you." she whispered, talking to her belly. I smiled and kissed her cheek, and turning around to walk out the room.

"Ben?" she called out before I left. I turned around.

"yes?"

"I love you." she smiled. I smiled too and chuckled.

"I love you too."

•••

ouuu let's see how this goes 👀

bro i'm so excited for what I have in store omg