get to know: kendra and stephen

lowercase intended.

the house

kendra's pov

kendra's pov

I sighed quietly to myself as I sat on the bed and watched Stephen come out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. He searched for some clothes in his drawer and I nibbled on my bottom lip before speaking.

"So, Criss and Jordan just got engaged.." I trailed off.

"Yeah, he told he was planning on doing it. I'm proud of him." He said as he pulled on a pair of boxers and gym shorts and sat at the foot of the bed with the lotion in his hand. I narrowed my eyes and pursed my lips.

"Dejounte was talking to me about proposing to Kei soon but he isn't sure when. Arianna and Cori went ring shopping with him and the ring they picked out is so beautiful." I said, hoping he would catch my drift.

"Aye, i'm proud of the boy. Everybody getting married." He said with a chuckle. I did a fake, dry chuckle too before speaking.

"Yeah, when are we going to get married?" I asked him, getting aggravated.

"Can we not talk about this again?" He said, sighing and getting up. I got up too and followed him out of the room.

"No, let's talk about it. We've been together for 5 years Stephen! How come you haven't proposed yet? Why aren't we married yet?" I yelled. He walked into the kitchen and I trailed right behind him.

"For the last time, why is it such a big deal? You know I love you, why do you need a piece of stone sitting on your finger to prove that?" He said to me while opening the fridge.

"Why don't you want to put a rock on my finger?! Do you know how embarrassing it is when everyone around me keeps asking when are we gonna get married or when is he gonna propose and I don't have a single response to answer them when I ask myself those same questions every day?" I ranted. He grabbed a bottle of beer and shut the fridge. He looked at me.

"You tell them to mind their own business and not to worry about you and your relationship." He said, walking past me and going back to the bedroom.

"That isn't the point Wardell! I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you as your wife!" I stressed. He didn't say anything he just looked at me.

"Why don't you want to marry me?" I asked, my voice cracking and feeling myself break down. He sighed and held his head down.

"It's not that, Kendra..." He trailed off. I wiped my eyes and looked at him.

"Then what is it, Wardell?"

He sighed and looked at me. "I'm paranoid okay?" He said. I looked at him in confusion.

"Paranoid about what?"

"I'm afraid that you'll change when I do propose to you, like Ayesha did." He said. I stared at him and sighed.

"Stephen I would not do you like how she did. I'm not with you for money or clout, I'm with you because you are the love of my life, you are my best friend." I said, walking closer to him. His hazel green eyes stared down at me and I reached my hand up to hold the side of his face.

"I love you, okay? I want to spend the rest of my life with you. But I want to do that as your wife." I said. His arms wrapped around my waist and he pulled me closer to him and leaned down. I met him halfway and pressed our lips together. Once we pulled away he kissed my forehead and sighed in relief.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Steph."

•••
damn this was ass lmfao but y'all got to see another insider.
aye lowkey i'm having trouble coming up with scenarios to match some of the problems in y'all relationship.
so, if you get a message from me, be ready to get ya creative juices flowing cause a bitch has writers block.
hennyways, more posts coming up next 😘
and remember, it's gonna be a new year in 4 days so keep that in mind. 🤫😉