Snow Day

HEY guys Cyan here with a oneshot book! I'm surprised it took this long, to be honest. I probably won't update often since I'm still working on Take Back the Light, but I thought this would be a nice little thing to do in my free time.

To start things off, a winter-themed oneshot for Christmas, inspired by a conversation the other day I had with Johnny and Ally.

Featuring willjaymusic 's Defensores Antris: Ally, Cyan, Johnny, and Tiffy!

~~~~~~~~

It was one of those rare, blissful days where the slingers of the Defensores Antris did not find themselves fighting for the fate of all things good.

The morning was spent pondering what the four should do with their day off, and shortly after failing to do that, they all split up and went to their respective couches, bean bag chairs, and hammocks to catch up on missed sleep.

By lunch, however, the young defenders had gotten as much sleep as they could get. They all sat around the dining table, eating silently and wondering if it was bad to wish they would just get a distress call already, when Cyan sighed and got to her feet.

"Okay, I'm done with this. We're going out and actually doing something," she decided, walking over to the counter and picking up a holotablet.

"Do we have to? Can't we just relax on what'll probably be the only day in the next decade where we don't have anything to do?" Johnny asked. Ally sighed and straightened up in her seat.

"No, Cyan's right. We should go do something as a team," she said. Cyan handed her the holotablet, and Ally opened up a map of the 99 Caverns. "Where's somewhere we can go without being flocked by people?"

"Quiet Lawn?" Tiffy suggested. "But there's not really much to do there." Ally nodded in agreement.

"Let's see... Convertamall's always packed-" she began.

"Unless it's got zombies," Johnny cut in. Ally laughed.

"Unless it's got zombies," she said. "Nobody's ever over in the Magma Caverns, but that's because you don't do much there but burn..."

"What about Chillbore?" Cyan suggested.

"You mean Snowdance? The movies are down," Tiffy reminded. "They're being renovated."

Cyan shrugged and tapped on Chillbore Cavern on the holotablet. The map zoomed in, showing the gang the large, icy cavern.

"No, Chillbore. And you don't need movies to have fun in Chillbore," she said. When she was met with blank looks, she raised an eyebrow. "What, you guys have never actually gone to ice caverns for anything but movies?"

More silence.

"Oh yeah," she said, turning away from the gang and heading for a closet to dig up gear for the cold weather. "We are definitely going to Chillbore. Everyone grab some jackets."

~~~~~~~~

Ally led the way into Chillbore Cavern, ice and snow crunching beneath the slingers' Mechas. A light breeze blew a chill across the wide, snowy clearing. Hills and ledges rose up from the ground, and fluffy white snow swirled around. The slugslingers were donned with coats, gloves, hats, and scarves to block out the iciness, but it still prickled at exposed skin.

Through the main entrance of Snowdance, travelers were directed into the main area of the cavern where the movies were shown. Chillbore had a similar layout, with a main entrance going into a well-known area for duels. However, through the side entrance Cyan had shown Ally, the slingers were directed to a secluded clearing where Frostcrawlers hopped around.