Chapter Three

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

It was dark. Really dark. All I saw was the faint outline of each of the other dragons and people. What really got my attention was the galaxy like space around us. I couldn't hold on to the memory or it for long because we approached a white tunnel, blinding me for a second before a large island, clear waters surrounding the beautiful place. I looked up to see a large round like bubble around the entire island. It was marvelous.

Dragons and Griffins soared through the sky, their wings flapping gracefully in the bright day. I heard Leani hold her breath, probably amazed as I was. We swooped down to the bottom of a large grassy hill. On the hill was a stone like castle, definitely the Riding Academy. Soon enough we all landed.

Mason stepped off the Dragon he was on, walking in front of us up the hill. While walking, he gave each of us a slip of paper saying our room number and our roommate. I smiled as I looked down at my card. Under the number was Leani's name. I turned to Leani walking next to me, her smile bright as she looked at her card as well. After what felt like forever, we reached the top of the hill.

The tall pillar-like sides of the Academy was covered in vines, small little buds on the ivy making the Castle seem so much more breath taking. Mason stopped in the front of the Academy, turning around to us.

"We will have an hour of me walking you around, to give you a tour. After that, we will meet at the cafeteria to get your papers for your classes. You will have the rest of the day off after that but in the morning, meet back at the cafeteria at 7:30 sharp, because you will be picking an egg from the hatchery. Your egg will be something special to you, because when you touch your egg, you should feel a protective force to stay by the egg. It's a connection. You and your Dragon or Griffin will be your Riding Partner for a very long time. Usually you never get another. Now, let's behind the tour."

We followed Mason through the large door as he showed us the Cafeteria, the P.E area, the Stables, The floor reserved for dorms, multiple rooms for Magic class, history, and the multiple areas outside. We all parted our ways after getting our class sheets.

Leani and I walked to our room, opening the door. The carpet was a soft golden silk, covering the whole floor. Two large white beds were next to other, on each backing of the bed was intertwined with golden patterns. A door opened to a bathroom with the theme of white and gold and small little drawers by the two beds for clothes. This is amazing! Leani sat on the bed closer to the door, unpacking her stuff while I took the bed next to the window. After unpacking, we didn't really know what to do.

"Now what?" Leani asked, looking at me from her bed.

I shrugged "I don't know. Mason said we have the rest of the day off but I don't know what to do...."

We both sat their awkwardly before I broke the silence again.

"I'm going to go take a shower." Leani nodded.

I walked to the bathroom, closing the door. I sighed, opening the white shower curtains to reveal small metallic gold tiles around the walls of the shower. Everything was so beautiful I couldn't stop admiring everything. I took a long shower, the warm steaming water too nice to get out of quickly. I came out of the bathroom in my robe, while Leani went to take a shower after me. Picking out an outfit, I put on a Tan shirt and of course, pants. I take out my cloak from my father. It was simple but I loved it, putting it on as I looked in the mirror. It was a black cloak, the sleeves loose and all the way to my wrists. The cloak stops around my knees. I put the hood down, revealing my long hair. Time went by slowly. There was nothing to do.