Edited as of 08/10/22 || Sages POV ; Published on 07/10/18

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Oh my gosh, would you shut the fuck up already you damn alarm!" I reached my hand over to pick up my phone as the super annoying beeping sound kept screeching through my ears. It's way too early for me to be up this early I thought...haha think again!

I turned on my phone screen and my eyes went wide; 1:00pm! My shift started 2 hours ago... omg what am I going to do?! I frantically ran to my closet and started throwing on the first shirt and pants I could find, slipping on my favorite pair of vans. I sprinted to my bathroom and brushed my teeth with one hand and using the other to comb through my hair as fast as I could. I will definitely be getting fired if I keep managing to be this late to work. 

I rushed downstairs with my phone and bag as fast as I could grabbing my keys from the rack. No time to explain to my parents or brother why I was late... they'll get an explanation later.

As soon as I'm in my car, I pull out my phone and ring up Amy my boss as I'm backing out of my driveway. I press the gas and speed my way down my street and make a sharp right onto the main road getting honked at by a small white car as I cut them off...oops.

"Hello Amy... I'm so so so sorry. Please forgive me I really need this job I promise I won't ever be late again." My brain new I was lying.

"Sage I'm sorry honey but I try to cut you some slack but I just can't risk our business anymore. You're going to have to find a new job." Amy then proceeded to hang up on me after telling me to come get my stuff sometime.

I slammed my brakes. A new job! Is she crazy? I have had this job for almost two years now! And only recently have I been running late. My inner me was starting to agree with Amy, maybe I did need a new job. I slowly drove into the gas station a few feet down and turned around and headed back towards home. Damn it. I've only had this job for 5 months now and I've been late like a few 50 times.......

I swing my car in the driveway and park, getting out I slowly walked towards the door. All that rush for nothing is all I was thinking. I opened the door only to come face to face with my dad. All I could think was why do I have such bad luck these days.

"Sage I wasn't expecting you to be home from work so early."

"Um..so you see.. I um kind of woke up late and yeah. I got fired." I fake coughed and tried to step around him but he stuck his hand out in front of me.

"Fired! Sage, you need to be more responsible. Your mother and I raised you better than that. But on the bright side I'm glad your no longer working at that pizza place anyways. They have awful pizza and they had you working too many hours." He laughed and patted my shoulder. 

"I know, I'm kind of mad I got fired but hopeful things get better. Is mom feeling okay today?" Incase you were wondering my mom has been really sick lately but nobody is really sure what's wrong with her. Recently she's been keeping to herself a lot. But sometimes I feel like there's something my parents aren't telling me...

"Yeah she's been feeling better I'll let her know asked. I'm sure she would like to see you as well."

"Okay thanks dad I love you."

"I love you too pumpkin, be good. I'll see you when I get back home. I'm going to the store to pick up a few things."

I quickly said goodbye to my father and rushed upstairs and into my room shutting the door behind me. My first instinct was to jump in bed and face plant my head into my pile of pillows but I knew I had other things I needed to do, so instead I pulled out my laptop and plopped myself into my beanbag chair. As I began looking threw my Facebook feed a post caught my attention.