02.

Edited on 08/10/22 || Sages POV ; Published 07/10/18

The next morning I woke up exhausted. I can't believe I went to sleep so early and didn't wake up. At least I don't have work today since I got fired. Yay. (That was sarcasm.) Well today's Friday and tomorrow is Saturday (Becca's coming over!!) so I need to make the house look at least decent. You'd think with the money my parents have that we'd have a maid. But nope. Just leave it to me and Sam. (What I really mean is just me because Sam's pretty lazy.)

Getting out of bed I head to my bathroom to get ready. I brush my teeth with one hand and my hair with the other. When you live in my house multitasking is a necessity. Once I'm done I throw my hair up and put a little mascara on. Now the fun part. Getting dressed. Opening my closet I pick out a cute pair or ripped jeans and crop top that reminds me of the ocean. Then I put on fuzzy socks and head downstairs.

I walk into the kitchen and my parents are already here eating. "Hey mom and dad. I'm going to clean up around the house today. Is there anything you need or need done?"

"Yes actually I need you to go grocery shopping. We're out of practically everything, I'll make you a list okay?" My mom says while she sips on her coffee.  Her face looks drained, I just wish there was something I could do to make her feel better.

"Alright. Just let me know when you're done and I will go!"

***

As I pour myself a bowl of cereal I wonder what it'd be like to be the perfect daughter. I can't tell you how many times I've disappointed my parents. I pray for life to get better but I feel like everything gets worse. I think I'm just going to lock myself in my room and watch Riverdale for the rest of my life. I mean have you seen Cole Sprouse? Definitely husband material right there..... ;)

"Good morning Sage, is that for me?" Sam says as he tries to steal my bowl of lucky charms. As soon as his hands touch it I kick him in the knee making him groan.

"Sorry but this is for me. Get your own." I say as I stick out my tongue at him like a child. Ha!

"Ok. Ok. No need to kick me." Rolling his eyes as he walks to the cupboard to get his own bowl of cereal.

"Oh by the way Sam, if you have anything you need you better speak up because I'm going to the grocery store for mom and dad later."

"Ok, I'll make sure to have her write down what I want."

"Okay cool."

As I'm finishing my lucky charms I suddenly remember that school starts next week, and I'm pretty much broke with no job. You see, usually I buy my school clothes and etc, I mean ever since I got my job I no longer had to borrow my parents money but now things have changed. Plus I never heard from the babysitting lady so I guess I'm out of luck. For now at least. Oh well. I have more important things to worry about right now anyways.

Standing up, I walk into the kitchen and go to the sink and rinse out my bowl, sitting it down. As I head to the stairs my mom calls out my name catching my attention.

"Yeah mom?" I say as I walk to the living room where she is seated.

"I finished the grocery list. Feel free to go whenever you have time today. I appreciate you doing this for me."

"Of course mom, I love you and you know it's not that big of a deal. I need to get out of the house anyways."

"Alright hun, and I love you too. Here it is." She says while holding out a piece of paper.

I take the list out of her hand and put it in my pocket. Taking a step closer I bring my mom into a hug. Ever since my moms been sick she distances herself from me and Sam. Sometimes I feel like she doesn't love me anymore, but I know she does. Seeing her like this just makes me sad, especially when I know there is nothing I can do about it. And to make things worse we don't even know what really is wrong with her. I know that her and dad know and they won't tell me or Sam. They don't want us worrying and I get that but honestly it makes me worry even more.

Pulling back I give my mom a smile and tell her I'll see her when I'm back.

• End of chapter • / Authors note :

This is a super short chapter because I'm still trying to think of which route I want this story to go. :)

New chapter super soon!

Thanks for reading!

XO,

- endlessXimagination