06.

AN :

So I'm gonna start doing a Q&A because why not? So here's my first one, I'd love to get to know anyone who reads this!

Q : What class are graduating/graduated with? (Make sure to put whether it's college or high school!)

My Answer : I'm c/o 2019 (Highschool) and I'm super stressed because I'm not ready!

Unedited || Sages POV (09/16/18) Republished 08/10/22

"A surprise? Man I hate surprises."

He turns to look at me and smiles. "Well hopefully I'll change your mind about that."

As Kyle drives us to the secret destination I can't help but think how lucky I am to be here with him. I mean he's probably one of the sweetest guys I've ever met. Maybe I'm being dramatic I guess we will have to find out.

Less than 20 minutes later we pull into one of my favorite places.. the drive in. I smiled in aw. "I packed us a picnic basket full of food it's in the back." He said as he payed for us to get in and pulled into a spot close to the front."

Even though I won't get much sleep tonight since we'll arrive back to my house late, it's totally worth it though. Especially when I get to spend time with a guy like him. Hopefully my parents aren't too mad about me being out this late on a school night, he who am I kidding they will definitely be pissed if they notice. 

*** The next day ***

I woke up with one of the worst headaches ever. If school hadn't just started I would probably just have laid in my bed all day staring at the ceiling. But, instead I got myself up and slowly walked to my closet. Even though the thought of impressing Kyle skimmed my mind, I decided sweatpants and a hoodie would make the cut today. Once I'm done getting dressed I go to my bathroom and brush my teeth. Personally, my teeth have always been my #1 insecurity. I've had braces twice, but I still feel like I look the same. After my pep talk to myself, in my mind of course, I turn my head upside down and put it into a bun on top of my head. No makeup would just have to do it today. After looking at my reflection I went back to my room, grabbed my stuff, and went downstairs.

Kyle hadn't texted me this morning, maybe I scared him away or something. Sage..you're absolutely crazy my mind kept telling me. 

I mean don't get me wrong, Kyle's a great guy that I've known for like 2 days... I mean it's not like I'm trying to deny the fact that I like someone else. Pffft no way. I like Kyle.

                                                                           ღღღღღღღღღღ

As soon as I pulled into the parking lot and parked my car in the corner of my eye I caught a petite figure running towards my car. Becca I thought just great. I grabbed my bag and opened the door hoping I would be fast enough to avoid any human presence. Impossible. 

Becca grabbed a hold of my arm pulling me back, "Sage. We need to talk you can't just avoid me forever, we've known each other our whole lives."

I sighed.."Becca not now. We can talk later. Also by the way before I forget why were you chatting up with Kyle yesterday in the halls do you like him or something too?"

She clenched her jaw tight. "Sage I had no idea you even knew him all I did was a little flirting. Besides he wasn't interested in me anyways he said so himself." I smiled. That made me feel a tad better. 

"Ok well I gotta go now Becca, we can chat at lunch."

                                                                          ღღღღღღღღღღ

Fast forward to lunch, my day was honestly going pretty fast. Classes were very boring so I won't even waste my time thinking about them. All I could think about was Becca I mean did she even realize yet my parents are getting divorced...what friends I have. I grabbed a tray and decided on a chicken sandwich, wedges and barbeque sauce. I know it's not very healthy but who said I was dieting. 

I sat down at a small round table knowing Becca would find me easily. We didn't have many friends, but the ones we did have always ended up having lunch at a different time than us! Becca soon found me and joined me.

I started telling Becca everything that happened, and she gave me a big hug. She soon started to explain to me this situation with Grady.

"Sage, I just want you to know it isn't true. The rumor was a joke somebody came up with, I would never do that to you. Besides you know that he has always had a thing for you Sage. Grady has never even spoke to me besides the occasional run ins at your place. I love you, and he has already cleared the rumors up. Apparently they chose me as it was a way for Erik to get back at me for breaking up with him and he knew it could hurt our friendship." 

Wow. I can't believe I didn't question it sooner, I've known her forever and I am ashamed to admit I thought she would even do something like that to me. And wait what...did she say Grady had a thing for me? She must be delusional I thought he thought of me as just a little sister. Just like I thought of him as a little brother..or did I? 

"Becca, I am so sorry I didn't believe you. It was hard to hear especially with everything going on at home. I seriously can't believe my mom is divorcing my dad and she is moving to Cali. I have no idea what I'm going to do."

"Sage only you know what is right, just follow your heart."

And I did. I went straight home after school and broke the news to my parents. I would be staying with dad here in South Carolina. My mom was devastated at the news but she understood, hoping I would chose a university out there after graduation. She finally opened up to me and her illness. She said the doctors still haven't figured anything out so all we can do is keep praying. I still have no idea why my mom is choosing Cali...I mean I don't know anybody out there, does she?

• End of Chapter • / Authors Note!

Hope y'all enjoy this chapter, as of 2022 I am getting back into writing. I hope to come back and edit this soon but until then!xx