03.

Edited as of 08/10/22 || Sages POV ; Published on 07/10/18

(Gif above is Kyle if it uploads)

-

As I'm pulling into the food lion parking lot I glance around until I find the perfect spot. Not to close but not to far away gotta get those steps in you feel me. I turn off the engine of my car and grab my bag.

Making my way towards the entrance I walk inside and grab myself a buggy. Or cart. Whatever the heck you wanna call it. Where to first... I pull out the list my mom gave me and read it carefully.

Grocery list
• apples or oranges
• gallon of milk
• salad mix
• loaf of bread
• tomatoes
• shredded cheese
• protein stuff for Sam
• snacks

As I skimmed through the list I headed towards the dairy section first grabbing a gallon of 2%, pack and a pack of shredded cheese. Next I headed towards the fruits/vegetable area. There I grabbed 3 tomatoes, a bag of granny smith apples, 4 oranges, and 2 bags of salad mix for mom.

My next stop would be to find the protein shake or powder crap for my lovely brother. As I'm rounding the corner to the next aisle my cart runs straight into someone. I look up to see the face a gorgeous guy. "Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to run into you. Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I couldn't stop rambling...

"It's okay, and I'm alright. I'm Kyle, and you are?" He says as he stretches his hand out to me.

While shaking his hand I give him a smile, "My name is Sage. Sage Summers." (Wait a minute is this even real life???)

"Well it's nice to meet you Sage Summers. I hope your summer is going as good as you look." Sending me a wink he pulls out his phone. "Mind if I get your number?"

Damn. That escalated quickly. This is the weirdest and most cliche thing to ever happen to me. I feel like i'm in a movie or something.
"Um yeah sure." I take his phone and punch in my number.

"Thanks, I'll see you around then Sage?"

"Yeah. You definitely will be seeing me around."

And with that I was stuck to finish shopping with the image of his cute face in my head. I had so many questions.

Where did he come from? Why was he talking to me? Etc....

But I knew one thing. The smile he gave me was never going to leave my face. Once I'm done shopping I head to the check out and self check out myself because it's way easier that way. Well to me it is. As I'm bagging up my stuff my phone vibrates in my pocket. Hmm.. I wonder who that is.

After I'm done loading my car up and I'm in my seat I pull out my phone to see who the "mystery" person who texted me is.

Grady : Hey is Sam at home? Probably gonna stop by

So right now you're probably wondering who the heck Grady is. Well Grady is one of my brothers good friends. He's the schools "bad boy". He loves racing, video games, and girls. He's not a manwhore but you'd think he was since he's friends with my brother. Anyways.. I'm kind of surprised he texted me. You see me and him never talk. I mean sure we've ran into each other a few times at my house but that's about it. My mom loves him though he's basically her other son. Okay let me stop rambling now..

Me : Idk.. I'm out shopping but he was there when I left. I'm omw back now.

Grady : Ok thanks

Me : No prob!

Shoving my phone into my pocket I turn on my car and speed my way home while jamming to a song by The Weekend. I'm honestly shocked I haven't gotten a speeding ticket yet.

*** 1 hour later ***

(Switched at birth spoiler ahead just Incase you haven't watched all 5 seasons yet.)

Flipping through the channels on my tv I decided to go to Netflix instead because I really wasn't interested in sports talk today. I went with Switched at Birth after debating what to watch. Next to Riverdale, Switched at Birth was the best thing yet. Even though I was kinda disappointed that Emmett and Daphne never ended up together but hey at least him and Bay didn't end up together. In my opinion they were more of a high school fling. But I mean hey Mingo is pretty hot and super sweet so I'm not complaining about him and Daphne together. I've probably watched all 5 seasons at least 30 times, if not more.

But anyways let's get back to reality. I know it might sound stupid but the only reason I'm sitting here bored out of my mind is because ever since I got home I've been waiting for that Kyle guy to text me.

I know what you're thinking. I'm crazy. Well you're right. I could be out partying with some hot guy but here I am waiting for a text I might never get. Ha, just kidding who do you think I am? Me partying? In a million years!

I look at the clock and realize it's 10pm already. I really need to stop binge watching shows. I think I've gained a couple pounds from sitting here. Turning off my TV I open my door and look in the hallway for any sign of life. I walk to Sams door but stop when I hear whispers.

"Grady I already told you no. She's off limits. Besides Jasmine's so into you."

Grady laughs. "You really think so bro? I bet I could totally pull her."

"Yeah you could. I'm fr gonna try an hook up with Stephanie this weekend. My parents are going out of town for their wedding anniversary and I'm hoping Sage goes to her friends or whatever so I can throw a party or sum."

Wait....What... my brother seriously wants to kick me out so he can hook up with some girl! That is so not happening!! I mean come on he can do way better than Stephanie. Even though I somewhat feel bad for her since my brother will probably leave her afterwards. But I'm glad he reminded me it was this weekend that my parents were going out of town. Also school was about to start. I got my schedule finally in the mail today and I'll have to say I'm pretty happy with my classes.

Sage Summers, Grade 11
Id # 56389
Classes for 2018-2019 school year :
First semester ;
English 3 - Mrs. Evans
Honors Math 3 - Mrs. Moore
Honors AM 1 - Mr. Hoyle
Foods 3 - Honors - Mrs. Willis
Second semester ;
Honors Chemistry - Mr. Franklin
Honors AM 2 - Mrs. Stiles
Library assistant - Ms. Skittles
Early release 4th block

I hope this year is a good one....

*buzz*
*buzz*

Picking at my phone I look at in confusion who could be texting me this late at night??

Unknown number : Hey - Kyle.

• End of Chapter • / Authors Note :

Yay another day another chapter! I thought about adding this one to the last one since my last was so short. But I don't want to rush the story!

So what do you guys think will happen next? (Lol if anyone actually sees this. Please comment!)

Until next time!

Xo,