04.

Edited as of 08/10/22 || Sages POV ; Published 07/10/18

As I reread the text my eyes go wide. I can't actually believed he texted me. I mean come on. Have you seen him? He's gorgeous and I'm well... not the prettiest. I mean I have the blonde hair and blue eyes but that doesn't mean I'm some hot model. But Kyle on the other hand has the most gorgeous brown eyes and brown hair. And don't get me started with his million dollar smile. I mean c'mon how could you resist something like that.

Thinking of a good response I only end up saying one word.

Me : Hey

You're probably thinking I'm stupid. Or whatever. But texting guys make me nervous sometimes. Unless it's my ex that is a whole different story.

Which reminds me. My latest ex, his name was Nick. Typical asshole. Now let me tell you, when it came to texting him I was definitely NOT afraid to state my opinion. One time he wouldn't text me back and he kept reading my texts to piss me off, so I texted him around 300 times until he answered me. And I'm not even joking. It took me about 10 minutes to scroll up to the top. You don't want to mess with me. Just saying. I honestly thought I loved him, even though my whole family hated him. I gave him everything. It took about a year until I was fully over him. And there's still days I think about him. He liked me for who I was which was one of the factors that made me fall for him.

He wasn't your typical hot guy either. He was okay looking. But his personality was killer. He was funny, nice, and sweet. The whole package deal. I guess it's a good things he's off doing something else in life.

Anyways let's get back to reality. Here I am texting an insanely cute boy who I met at food lion. I mean food lion!? Who meets cute guys there???? I guess I do. So if y'all haven't been to food lion recently please go there and wait in the aisle that contains protein shakes. There a hot hunk of a man will run into you and bam you guys will fall in love and then you'll have to invite me to your wedding.

My conversation with Kyle continues with minimal texting through the night until I fall into a deep sleep. I did learn his favorite snack is mozzarella sticks he's obviously gonna be a keeper. 

-

Waking up the next morning I realize that I only had another day until I had to go back to hell. Aka school. Time flies, doesn't it. I swear I had a week left like... yesterday!

I was really hoping that I'd wake up and It'd be June again and I could be chillin' in Miami like I was almost two months ago. Thinking of the memories there I smile. It was one of the only places I was able to get tan. Well not really but still. Back to reality.

Throwing my hair into a bun I decide to go downstairs and get some breakfast.

As I walk down the stairs I practically fall into someone's arms. Looking up I come eye to eye with my brother from another mother kind of.. Grady. The guy that has all the girls falling to his feet. Literally. Once upon a time he had a serious relationship. And by serious I mean about 4 years. Until 10th grade year started, rumors said she cheated. But I guess we'll never know.

Bringing me back to the real world. Grady flicked my forehead. "Earth to Sage. You going to move or keep drooling over my sexy ass."

"Oh please. You wish I was drooling over you." Rolling my eyes I push Grady to the side and run downstairs. I have lots to do today. Like prepare for school. Which I was definitely dreading.

Pouring myself a bowl of cereal I sigh. I haven't heard from Becca since we met up and had lunch together. She never got the time to come over like I hoped she would. I hope she was doing okay. Pulling out my phone I quickly sent her a text.