chapter eight

Phillip in MM

The next day i went to work at PacSun. The sun was shining and the heat was killing me, i decided to wear mini shorts, flip flops and a hawain tank top. I tied my hair up waiting for the customers. A guy with blonde hair, very tan skin, clear blue eyes, a surfer body and and australian accent walked in.

Philip: Hey.

Michelle: Hello, how can i help you today? Dont forget our surfboards are on sale !

Philip: Im looking for a really long surfboard.

Michelle: Okay well how tall are you?

He looked up to me going behind the counter.

Michelle: You know youre not allowed to be behind here.

Philip: I just wanted a closer look at how beautiful you are.

Those words gave me instant butterflies making my heart pound.

Michelle: Thank you.

Philip: Im Philip. Wanna surf?

Michelle: Im Michelle, uh sure?

Philip: Youre really gorgeous.

I took off my clothes showing my bikini underneath. He took off his shirt showing his tan muscular body. We grabbed 2 surf boards, i closed the shop and we drove over by the ocean.

Philip: Ever surfed before?

Michelle: Once with my cousin Jenna.

Whenevr i would say her name my heart would sink. He grabbed my hand, i felt his warm hands making me feel safe. We started to swim further back,a large wave came and splashed me in the face. We started to surf, he always caught the biggest wave. We would both laugh whenever i would fall. At first i thought we were the only ones there but then i heard a familiar voice. I turned to look to the the right far side of me it was Andrew, his curly hair was straight and he had on his surfing suit.

Philip: Watch o...

Before he could finish a large wave hit me . I lost my balance and went below the water. I started to swim up but then Philip grabbed me pulling me up on his surfboard.

Philip: you okay?

Just then Andrew swam over with some girl.

Andrew: You okay michelle?

Michelle: Im fine. Philip can we go?

Philip: Sure, thanks for the offer man but i got her.

He helped me up and i noticed the girl Clarisse Karens enemy. We swam back to the shore sitting on the sand looking at the sunset.

Michelle: I had fun today.

Philip: Yeah me too.

He leaned in and tried to kiss me but then i stopped him.

Michelle: im not ready for another relationship. Im sorry....

He looked at me with his pool crystal eyes.

michelle: I have to go.

Philip: Are you cinderalla? because i want to see that bikin disappear at 12:00.

He winked laughing. I blushed a little and gave him a hug.

Michelle: Cheesy but cute.

I ran back to his red Jeep Wrangler and sat in it waiting for him. He got in the car and started it.

Philip: Wanna drive?

Michelle: Yeah sure.

I sat on his lap, he put my hand on the wheels. We drove back to the shop, by the time we got there it was dark.

Michelle: I had a good time...i really did. Maybe next time we could hang out?

Philip: Same here. Night beautiful.

He pulled me close kissing my neck softly. We broke apart and he left. That night when i got home Annie was in my bed crying. I put her in my arms wiping her tears.

Michelle: Whats wrong baby girl?

Annie: I miss daddy. I know you guys hate each other.

Michelle: No we dont. We just need to spend some time apart. We need to figure out things.

Annie: I love you guys.

Michelle: I love you more baby.

The next morning i called Andrew and asked me to meet me at an Italian restaurant. He said yes so i decided to wear something casual. When i got to the restaurant he wasnt there, late like always. 5 minutes he arrived.

Michelle: Late or nah?

Andrew: Sorry i had to get gas.

He sat down and ordered some drinks.

Andrew: So....

Michelle: our whole fighting thing is affecting our relationship with the kids. They do miss you though....

Andrew: Youre the one whose keeping them away from me.

Michelle: Andrew i just have to think for a while okay?

Andrew: I said i was sorry.

His voice got higher, he got up and walked out. A few people were looking at us, i grabbed my smoothie and followed him outside.

Michelle: You couldve just told me.

Andrew: I fell for you Michelle. I didnt want you to know because it would ruin what we had, our family was perfect. The kids just made everything better now we have another one on the way and you just want everything that we had to just be gone? I want to spend my whole life with you.

I walked away getting into my car rushing home. When i got there the cops were there.

Michelle: Whats going on?

Mom: Remember the body that we cremated?

Michelle: Yeah Jenna why?

Officer Paul: We took photos and did more investigations on the body and it turns out it wasnt Jenna. It was Jenni, Jennas twin.

Michelle: Then Jennas alive right?

Officer: We honestly think she is. We'll do all we can to find her.

Michelle: Where are the kids?

Mom: At Stephies house with Joe.

I went up to my room and laid down. Why was my life falling apart, i thought it was getting better but it was just falling apart every second. I fell into a deep sleep with a blank mind. Later on that day i went over to Aunt Stephies house to go pick up the kids. I knocked on the door and her dogs Piper and Jack started barking. I walked inside sitting down next to jake.

Michelle: Wheres Andre?

Jake: He's downstairs with Joe. He asked to stay with us tonight.

Michelle: Thats fine, where my Annie?

Jake: She showered and went to bed. Shes so damn tiny like a little mmouse.

I laughed and watched Guy Code with him for a while. Later on Jana woke up and i made Shrimp Alfredo for them. After Jim came home and asked to talk to me in private.

Jim: Im sorry about what i did to you. I didnt know what was going through my mind at that time. Im sorry Michelle.

Michelle: Itsokay . Whatever happens in the past stays in the past.

Jim: Thanks. Im sorry again.

He gave me ahug and i took Aniie home.

Annie: Mommy wanna have girl time?

Michelle: Anything for you.

She grabbed her make up kit and hair straightner. Having a 6 year old touch your hair actually calms you down. She curled the ends and put glitter in it. After i straightened hers and redyed it with blue highlights. It was fun spending time with my daughter. After we watched Jack and Jill 2 together and cuddled together in bed. She put her head on my chest.

Annie: Mommy did daddy ever tell you how beautiful you are.

Michelle: yes...plenty of time