7 // T h i s M e a n s W a r

Caroline woke up from her slumber and looked around her room just in case Kol was in there, luckily he wasn't. She smiled to herself and walked into the bathroom. She tied her hair up into a messy bun that looked simple yet classy. She brushed her teeth and applied a light layer of makeup. her usual routine. She was wearing one of Rebekah's shirt's, because Caroline didn't exactly pack for her trip to New Orleans, it was a tank-top that showed the lower part of her stomach. It was a nice creme color. Funnily enough, Rebekah and Caroline were the same size.

Caroline walked downstairs, expecting silence like every other day but in stead, all she could hear were yelling and cries coming from the living room. She sneakily crept towards the living room and creaked the door open slightly so she could see what was going on. Rebekah, Elijah and Klaus were in there. They were yelling at someone. Caroline opened the door wider to see another man. Marcel. The guy Caroline almost slept with when her humanity was off. She winced at the memory of making out with Marcel. Beside Marcel was a girl. A young girl, may I add. She had long brown hair and piercing green eyes. She couldn't be any older than 16.

"Piss off Marcel! She's not going anywhere with you!" Rebekah yelled at Marcel.

"How do I know she's safe? You people are the most evil in New Orleans!" Marcel cried.

Caroline tried to figure out who they were talking about and why Kol wasn't in there.

"Trust me mate, Caroline is safe and you don't need to worry." Klaus said firmly.

Caroline froze. They were talking about her?!

"Whatever feelings you have for her, she doesn't have for you. What she did with you was an act of her in her no-humanity state." Elijah said in Marcel's face, making him flinch. The girl beside Marcel said and did nothing.

Caroline face-palmed herself.

"Enjoying the show, darling?" Kol said as he tapped Caroline's shoulder. Everyone in the living room heard Kol and looked at the door.

Kol opened the door to reveal himself and Caroline to everyone in the living room.

"Caroline!" Marcel said happily.

"...Marcel... What are you doing here?" Caroline inhaled sharply.

"I've come to collect you from these horrible people." Marcel said as he hugged Caroline, causing Klaus to pull him off of her.

"I turned you, welcomed you into my home, granted you permission to fool around with my sister. This is one thing I will not give you!" Klaus growled, pointing at Caroline. 

Caroline's inner teenage girl exploded at Klaus's remark.

"Nik, keep your dignity in mind." Rebekah rolled her eyes.

"I think it's best if you leave, mate." Kol said harshly as he grabbed Marcel's arm. Now and only now did the girl beside Marcel react. She lifted her arm towards Kol's throat and as if it were magic, he started floating. She was choking him - without even touching him!

"You're a witch?!" Caroline cried.

"Davina, stop it!" Klaus ordered.

Marcel grinned. "Davina won't stop until Caroline leaves with me."

The brunette girl smiled innocently as she continued to choke Kol.

"Davina? Is that your name?" Caroline said as softly as she could.

The girl nodded.

"Davina, please let go of him." Caroline pleaded.

Davina looked at Caroline, then at Marcel. Marcel shook his head at her, making Davina intensify her grip on Kol's neck.

"Davina you wench! Let go of him!" Rebekah yelled. Davina shot a glare at Rebekah then began to strangle her as well. 

"Marcellus! Stop it!" Klaus ordered.

"Or what?!" Marcel laughed.

"I didn't want to do this..." Klaus said as he vamped to Davina, bit into his arm, force fed her his blood and snapped her neck. Her limp body fell to the ground.

"NO!" Marcel yelled.

Kol and Rebekah immediately dropped onto the ground, coughing and gagging.

"Davina!" Marcel ran to the girl's body.

"Klaus!" Caroline cried as she knelt down beside Davina's body.

"She wasn't going to stop, I took matters into my own hands, love." Klaus said gravely.

Marcel shot a look at Klaus. "I will kill you."

Klaus looked amused. "Don't get your knickers in a knot, she'll turn into a vampire. She's fine."

"She didn't want this!" Marcel cried, caressing Davina's face.

"Fine, let her die then. Not my problem." Klaus shrugged.

"How can you be so ruthless?!" Caroline yelled.

"Caroline, calm down." Elijah said, finally.

"You're siding with him?!" Caroline cried. "He just killed her!"

"She was going to kill my brother and sister!" Klaus yelled

Caroline scoffed.

"Oh like you're any better!" Rebekah said, rubbing her throat. "You've killed hundreds of innocent people. Remember?" 

Caroline froze. 

"If I recall, Damon told me that you even killed a little kid. A young one." Rebekah smirked.

"Shut up!" Caroline ordered.

"Rebekah, don't cross the line." Elijah demanded.

"No, Elijah. She killed innocent people and is now getting mad at you! This is hypocrisy! Don't act daft, she is a bloody hypocrite!" Rebekah cried. "Side with me or not, Caroline. You've done worse than this." Rebekah helped Kol up then stormed out.

Tears ran down Caroline's cheeks. The memories of killing those people. Those kids. It haunted her... Before anyone could realize, Marcel vamped out of the room with Davina in his arms.

She could feel masculine arms wrap around her. She didn't even bother looking up, she already knew it was Klaus.

"Niklaus... What are we going to do about Marcel?" Elijah sighed.

"... We'll discuss it later." Klaus pointed at the door, signalling for Elijah and Kol to leave.

Caroline sobbed into Klaus's shirt as he ran his fingers through her hair. He placed a kiss on her head and left his arms on her fragile body. 

"Y-You told me that I wasn't a monster..." Caroline managed to say.

"You aren't." Klaus said as he closed his eyes.

"You lied... I am a monster. I'm no better than Marcel. I'm a monster."