14 // W i c k e d W i t c h F r o m T h e B i g E a s y

Klaus drove Caroline home in his Ferrari, whilst she fell asleep. Her head laid against the vibrating window and her hand laid against his. Klaus wished that it could be like this forever. Caroline's hand gave him a sense of sanity. Her touch in general gave him a sense of sanity. She was the good in his life, and they both knew it.

A couple hours passed and they arrived back to the mansion. Klaus looked over his shoulder to see Caroline, still peacefully sleeping. He didn't want to wake her.

"Wake up, love. We're home." Klaus said softly, caressing the side of her cheek. The word home left his lips so casually. It felt normal for him to say that his home, was hers.

Caroline groaned in response so he took it upon himself to take her inside. He held her in his arms and walked, as slowly as possible, into the mansion. He wanted to savour every moment he had with Caroline. This night had been everything he ever wished for. Caroline. Her smile. Her  everything. Klaus wanted it all.

Before Klaus could open the door, a very angry-faced Rebekah did it for him.

"And where were you?" Rebekah spat.

Klaus brushed past her and smirked. "Caroline and I were at the beach." Memories of Caroline and him on the sand went through his mind, making him smile.

Rebekah stomped her foot on Klaus's but he had no reaction. He didn't even flinch. "No you weren't, Nik. Do you think I'm stupid?"

Klaus ignored his sister and walked upstairs, into her room. He softly slid her shoes off and admired her soft, porcelain skin. After laying her beneath the silk sheets on her bed, Klaus walked out, making sure not to look back because he knew if he did, he would never leave her. He could hear her tossing and turning in her sleep but didn't turn back.

***

"Time to wake up, Caroline." Elijah soft voice said as he lightly tapped her shoulder.

Caroline groaned and sat up straight. "What time is it?" She replied groggily.

"Just a little over one o'clock." Elijah said casually.

"One o'clock?!" Caroline shot back with widened eyes. "Oh god... Wait, how did I get here?"

Elijah smiled and stood up from her bed. "Klaus bought you back home last night, in one piece fortunately."

Last Night.... Memories of her and Klaus on the beach ripping each other's clothes off flooded back. "Ooh... I did something bad last night..." she said sheepishly to Elijah.

"Elaborate?" Elijah suggested. "It might clear your mind."

Caroline scrunched up her face then dug her face under her sheets. "I'd rather not."

He tilted his head in confusion and studied her action. "Very well, the maids made lunch. Come down when you're ready."

"I will..." Caroline's muffled voice said from beneath her sheets.

She heard Elijah's footsteps leading out of her room, down stairs then decided now would be a good time to freshen up. The blonde walked into her bathroom and looked in the mirror. Her eyeliner was smudged, strands of her hair stuck up in the air or down in her face and her eyes had bags beneath them. She grabbed a nearby hand towel, ran it under the water then wiped her face down.

After her face was cleansed, she brushed her hair up into a messy bun. Caroline put on a light layer of makeup and a heavy amount of lipgloss on. She decided that she was presentable and put on a baggy, black 'Nirvana' shirt that she found in Rebekah's closet. Caroline was confused on why Rebekah even had that shirt since Rebekah said that she despised bands but shrugged it off and walked down the stairs.