9 // F a t h e r D e a r e s t

"Father..." Rebekah gasped. "H-How are you here? That's not possible!"

Klaus pushed Rebekah behind him. "Leave!"

"Shut up, boy!" Mikael ordered Klaus.

Caroline slumped down on the antique chair and fell asleep peacefully.

"Who is she?" Mikael asked.

"No one that you need to worry about..." Elijah said carefully. "How did you get here?" 

"Well," Mikael folded his arms ,"I think the Bennett witch from Virginia tore down the veil. So I'm back."

Elijah stared at Caroline's limp body then back at Mikael. Mikael followed his gaze to Caroline's body. "You didn't answer me truthfully, boy. Who is that girl?"

"She's someone that doesn't need to be involved in our family issues. Leaver her out of it." Klaus spat as he lifted Caroline away from Mikael.

"I'm not here to harm anyone." Mikael grinned.

"Then why must you disturb our guest?" Kol asked.

"I'm just here to be with my family, and that girl - she is not family." Mikael frowned. "What happened to 'Family above all'?"

"Just leave her alone, and we can part ways peacefully." Elijah said softly.

"Who said that I want to leave?" Mikael smirked as he vamped over to Klaus, grabbed Caroline, then back to the bed. "Has this girl taken my spot in the family? Does she mean more to you than you're own father."

"You are not my father. You made that very clear to me." Klaus retorted. "Now give her back, or I will rip detach your head from your body." He made his intentions very  clear.

"How dare you threaten me." Mikael said as he slowly stroked Caroline's cheek, making Klaus flinch. "Oh how quickly I can detach her head. Just a little flick of the wrist and you're friend here would be dead."

Caroline snored peacefully in Mikael's arms.

"She's a pretty one. She reminds me of you, Rebekah." Mikael smirked.

"Father, please." Rebekah said softly.

Mikael rolled his eyes and tightened his grip. "You were always the weakest, Rebekah."

Tears rolled down her cheek. "Father, let her go."

"But then again, you were also my favorite." Mikael said with a big grin growing from ear-to-ear. "So it would be a shame if I had to kill two vampires tonight." He stroked his finger against her cheek.

Klaus weakened at his knees. The man that stood before him, had tormented him, tortured him, beat him and changed him.

"Sorry, father. I've learned better that to be afraid of you." Klaus said with all the confidence he had left, which wasn't a lot.

"You're right. You shouldn't be afraid. But she should." Mikael lifted Caroline's head by her hair, making her groan.

"Get off of her!" Elijah vamped over and tried to pry Caroline out of Mikael's grasp but Mikael had already broken one of the legs off of the bed and staked Elijah. This didn't kill him because the only weapon that can kill an original is the white oak stake. All this did was get Elijah out of the picture, temporarily. 

"Father!" Rebekah cried. Kol pulled Rebekah in to hug her and get her away from Mikael.

"She reminds me of someone. That blonde bartender girl? Camille, was it? How unfortunate, her death. I quite fancied her." Mikael said calmly, still holding Caroline by her hair.