PART 54

Nandini's pov

 I tried to catch hold of her, but I couldn't as I slipped from staircase due to nerves breakdown, I tried to reach her out as I wanted to stop her but I couldn't as I was unable to stand that time, but when I reached to door to call her, she was already entering lift, but before I call out someone hit my head from behind from rod, So, I couldn't stop her, and she is unaware of the whole thing happened after she left the home.

I was 

FROZEN

in my place, like I'm sitting for complete half an hour, no reactions were out of me, I just kept on looking Manik, who was telling his side of the story, which I was completely unaware of. But every time I was brought to sense, whenever he squeezed my hand, he knew I was looking at him, but he didn't dare to say anything to my eyes, but he still wanted to assure everything is fine now, which was definitely not for me.

Perhaps I and Manik were sitting in front of the police officers, who was noting everything Manik said. He also enquired me, what I knew. But everything was going above my head. In my precise, everything was bouncing at me. I feel totally numb, should I cry for my not trusting him or punch the bastard next to me, who is holding my hand to assure at the moment or kill that psycho Thakur, who ruined everything for us.

Did you hear his voice, Mam? Officer turned to me, referring Manik. I'm totally zoning out. Connecting things. Made me feel suffocated. I couldn't cop up.

I..I.. didn't hear him. I said blankly looking at Manik. I definitely didn't hear anything from him, after I ran out of the home. I was stupid and a coward, who couldn't see what was happening behind me. I didn't turn, that time, I felt alone with my baby in my womb. I never expected that from Manik. He will turn out my happiness into something, which I couldn't take. I was in my world. I was a mother at the moment nothing more. But now I feel, I should've been his only world also. I should've turned back. I should've. If I would've turned back once, life would've been something else. Maybe I could've been dead with my babies inside, but I would've not felt the guilt I'm feeling right now.

I just wanted to ask him,

Do I deserve him?

Do I really that selfless man?

Why did he gave me so much of chances, when I'm wrong?

Why did he ask sorry's always? When should I be one begging him to take me into his life?

Why?

What on the earth, I deserved him? I'm clueless. Really clueless.

That's fine Mam. he talked really politely. 

Sir, do you know, who hit your head with a rod from behind? He questioned back, he knew the answer but still he wanted to hear from Manik himself. And I know, I'm not gonna leave them no matter what. Because I already know, who it was. Just wanted him to say it loud to us.

 Yes, as people behind me, it took all strength to digest what I heard from him. So, were others.

Can anyone be so low? I guess. I found one actually, I'm fucking surprised that my both dad and brother really doesn't murder the lady, who now was standing with lady constable with purple and red eyes from my mom(Ashwini), where Abhimanyu was taking his time to rewind the words Manik said to us, And then and there Abhimanyu asked her to sign the divorce papers, trust me Aiyyappa, I really didn't a pinch of sadness for that son of a *****. He bloody deserved that for trusting that b****. He broke down hearing her level of illness, which she accepted it in front of him asking his forgiveness, which he didn't dare to give. I didn't react for any but was seeing the scene with blank eyes until Manik Malhotra ends it. Because If I get up now, each gonna have from me with my way of dealing.