PART 55

Manik's pov

Ouch!!

I looked ever dramatic Smitha beside me, she and her actions need to be banned sooner is my thoughts. I rolled my eyes as I pulled out the spatula from her hand. So, that I complete cooking, which she was not in the mood to do.

And the thing is today is weekend, which meant my treat or cooking for Smitha. It's like mandatory from the day she entered my life, in a great way. This is my way to make her happy from years. Because my thanks never succeed what she has done to me.

Manik baani kya? She peeped into the pan, where I gave murderous look to her.

Nae baana hai? kaccha kane hai tho batha, eshe plate mai nikalke dunga? I asked her pressing my own waist. She gave sly smile in return.

Phirse shuru hogaya en donoka. Ashwini said to herself by my other side, who was cutting some fruits for fruit salad. But we both didn't mind. Not very new to us.

Mera hogaya. I'm setting table outside. And please zaldi karna. And I don't want other banter in my kitchen. Am I clear to you both? She warned us, we nodded our head like obedient students.

Neyonika aunty kaha hai? She asked me as soon as Ashwini aunty left.

She went to walk with dad. I said as I added red chili powder and salt to the pan.

Interesting. Bacche kaha hai? kohi dekai ne dere hai? she asked as she munched some raw vegetables. 

Sab Abhay ke room mai hai. I answered her. She nodded her head knowingly.

Aur baki sab? She questioned me. I gave her brief look. She knows its annoying.

Jo puchna ayye hai? voh puch le? and her habit of talking gol never stopping.

Nandini kaha hai? First questioned, she wanted to ask. That's what was in her mind.

Sanskar aur Vishwas ke sath bahar beti hai. I let her be. I said her, where she wiped sweat from my forehead. As I showed sweat to her. Don't you dare to think she is a sweet sister? 

What's her reaction? She asked me. Out of all, she wanted to ask me this.

Unexpected reaction. I said remembering our moment a few minutes back.

And what's so unexpected. She countered back.

She slapped me. I said her plainly. She looked dumbfounded as she started laughing loudly. Touching my printed left cheek often. It irritates the shit out of you.

She is something, Man. She giggled under her breath as I glared her to shut up. As she examined Nandini's handprint on my cheeks. 

As if I don't know.  I said as a matter of fact. Continued to stir chole batture. Which she asked me to prepare. Where I kept my mouth shut I don't want to talk about anything, and she knows it well but still.

Manik. Stop. This. Lets. Talk. For. Once. 

She switched off the gas, as she made me turn her side. She was damn serious. I was not really startled because this was what I expected from her. She is really not Nandini, who gives me a surprise by her each reaction. I can really predict my cherry better than my Jaanu.

I don't want to talk about anything, Cherry. I'm stubborn to open my mouth, I'll always be.

Manik, Ignoring or shutting about the matter is not solution always. You should know this, by now. She referred my life, She won half battle to open my mouth. But I just turned another way. As I poured entire thing in the big bowl, where she is waiting for me like a stubborn girl again.