The recess

It was time for a break from the three hours of History and Biological sciences. James fidgeted with his  phone and Kate searched for something in her bag as we walked down the hallway to the cafeteria.

"Hmm.. Let's see I forgot my glasses and my UV light protection cream so no going out today." She said as she curled her hair with her fingers.

I giggled.

And bumped into someone. Gigi Hadid of course.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to.." I tried to apologize when she cut me off abruptly.

"What do you freaking think of yourself..Huh? Coming in my way?" She said and gave me a look sarcastically.

"Oh! I guess you must be Maria right?"

I completely ignored her at this point.

"Do you think you can snare my boyfriend into being yours? Look at yourself in the  mirror twice before you do something. Fucking jerk!" She screamed.

When James stepped in front of me to defend, but I pulled his arm, gesturing him not to do anything.
He muttered 'Bitch' under his breath. I walked past her. She smirked playfully at me. Kate shove her bag against Gigi's shoulder and she slipped.

She was actually about to fall when one of her hands caught her arm. I wish she fell and got her nose smashed against the ground.

***
We sat in our regular place when Justin came towards and high-fived James.

I just stared at his charming face. God knows why I was here with him.Did he want me to be with Justin? Why will he do that ? Silly me I thought.

"Maria..? Would like join me for lunch tomorrow with your friends?" He smiled.

Was he speaking to me? Of course he mentioned my name!

I nodded at him.

"Alright then let's meet tomorrow here at 11am.." he said and disappeared round the corner.

"Looks like someone's on cloud nine..." James taunted.

"No, I was just..." I blushed.

"She's tomato red James! Look at her!" Kate exclaimed.

I buried my face in my hands to stop them from embarrassing me anymore.

**********************************************