Keith's Point of View

I pull my aching legs over the edge of the bed. It creaks as I struggle to sit up. I feel pain in my left shoulder and the past events come to me. I wanted to yell in frustration. How could I let Lance see me like that? Suddenly, my door opens and light streams in as I squint to see who it is.
   "Hey, buddy," Shiro says gently, "you feeling okay?"
   "I'm fine. My shoulder kinda hurts though."
   "Here, let me see." his hands go to the hem of my shirt but I push him away.
   "It's just a scratch!" I yell. My voice becomes softer as I realize what I was doing. "I'm sorry. I'll be okay."
   "Ok. You up for some food?"
   The thought scares me and while my stomach protests, I am quick to refuse.
"No. I'm not hungry."
   His tone takes a sharper edge to it.
   "You must have heard me wrong. That was an order. You, get up for some food. Understood?"
   "Umm... Yeah. I'll be there in five minutes."
   "Good." he turns his back and leaves the room as I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I'm already dressed so I carefully stand up and move around the room, collecting my shoes and trying not to fall over. It had been seven minutes by the time I reached downstairs and I can tell by the look on Shiro's face that he was timing me.
   "You're late. Sit. Eat. Then we'll talk." I don't understand what he means by that and I don't want to find out.
   Reluctantly I sit down, moving the food around my plate and separating it. I'm thankful for the small portions as it will be easier to prove I ate some. I can't eat with him watching me. He'll think I'm disgusting.
   Hunk and Pidge leave to play games. While they leave, I too take my plate, giving the uneaten food to Allura's mice. Shiro doesn't seem to notice and I sit back down, content with my little victory.
   Out of the corner of my eye, I see Shiro standing up, only to hear his voice in my ear.
   "We need to talk. Now."